Sealed Trunk?

ok so im goin to seal off my trunk and i was curious as to if some has done this and knows the best configuration( port center subs on both side, or the port left or right) for spl..... im goin to be running two Havocs so any help would be great......

Thanks John

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

I'm doing a 15 on the passenger side and a huge port on the driver side in a dodge intrepid. I'm hitting around a 147 with some room to improve my score. Port on drivers side is generally louder. When you seal it off make sure that everything is nice and tight. If you can I would do some testing to establish your resonant frequency. Don't wait like I did and then have to retune after the box is all mounted and sealed. Trunk systems USUALLY peak in the mid 40s but that isn't always true. If you are going for spl then the 33hz tune you have now will need to be raised. You can check my install out here:

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/40/24075.html#000012

Another nasty loud sealed trunk with 2 subs. It's a long read but the guy is hitting a 150+ with 2 tens:

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/40/23754.html

Edited by sruggles1976

thanks that helps alot i peak at 37 Hz(from the comps i've done) so i need to stay pretty low plus i love the sound of my subs with this tuning maybe ill do 31~32 Hz i love the lows man

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

it depends on which side you place the mic mine is one 18 on drivers side port on passenger side i am tuned at 40 and burp at 52 with the mic on the drivers side

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg