Second Skin Audio

Round Ports For 2 L7 8s

Im starting a build today for (2) 8" L7s 2 Cubes After Displacement... Wat Size Round Ports Would Be Adequate for the enclosure, Imma tune it roughly to 39-40 hz? I have 3" Pipe Available ATM... So Im thinkin (2) 3" ports Wat would the length be. Box is goin in a 01 nissan sentra Trunk box..

Mahalos Brothers :friends:

Smokey

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

One 4 inch would be better

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I dont Have 4" Biggest i got is 6" Smallest Is 3"

you will want between 12-16 sqaure inches of port per cubic foot. keep that in mind.

less than 12 and you will have port noise.

more than 16 and the box will sound hollow and have less response.

do some simple math to convert a circle ports area to square inches.

EDIT: sorry just saw the 2 cubic foot. you will want anywhere from 24 to 32 square inches of port for that box for optimal response and sound.

Edited by brewer_brewer

Man the best and easiest way to figure this out is to call Kicker or Email them. I have dealt with them for many years and they are always willing to help.

ALWAYS

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Im starting a build today for (2) 8" L7s 2 Cubes After Displacement... Wat Size Round Ports Would Be Adequate for the enclosure, Imma tune it roughly to 39-40 hz? I have 3" Pipe Available ATM... So Im thinkin (2) 3" ports Wat would the length be. Box is goin in a 01 nissan sentra Trunk box..

Mahalos Brothers :friends:

Smokey

Looked on CF for you, seems they recommend not going the port tube route.

Recommended Vented Box Volume: The vented enclosures incorporate massive slot-loaded ports with ultra-low air velocity and hard-hitting bass. These are not your traditional port tubes; the slot-loaded ports are integrated into the enclosure design.

* Compact: 0.66 cu/ft; 1.5" x 9.5" port opening; 19.25" port length; the woofer can handle up to 375 watts RMS (187.5 watts per voice coil)

* SPL/Deep Bass: 1.0 cu/ft; 2" x 9.5" port opening; 21.25" port length; the woofer can handle up to 375 watts RMS (187.5 watts per voice coil)

Hope that helps some

Edited by SocoJoe

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

Well Kicker Recomends Roughly 19^2in of port for each L7

If im correct (1) 6 incher is roughly 36^2in? Right but itll hafta be like 30 inches to get my tuning

I'm not a port expert but I'm pretty sure why Kicker doesn't offer specs for round ports is because a round port would be much longer than any of the box options Kicker has for the L7.

So you would probly need to do multiple ports or an exteroir port that is very long.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Well Kicker Recomends Roughly 19^2in of port for each L7

If im correct (1) 6 incher is roughly 36^2in? Right but itll hafta be like 30 inches to get my tuning

yea. i don't know what i was thinking. you already know this stuff. sorry.

you could always put elbows in the port to get the length you would need.

if you did 2 3 inch port you could put elbows on them and make an l shape to get the length you would need.