Second Skin Audio

An on going issue...

maybe ur headunit is clipping

or the material u are playing isnt very clean

they should get warm... any speaker does... as long as you dont smell the glue/former, then it isnt getting hot enough to matter

do you think in ur personal opinion that the subs are moving alot? or not as much as you thought.... could be a issue that they arent loading correctly

the only time u need to set it with a 0db sine wave is for playing sine waves, no normal rap music is that loud... -3db to -6db is good imo

They don't seem to be moving any more or less to me. But this is the most powerful set up i have ever had personally.

'05 GMC Envoy

H/U: PIONEER AVH P4300DVD

Subs: (8) SA-12's

Amps: (2) SAZ3500d's

MECHMAN 270A Alt and 5 Batteries with lots of 1/0

I used the TOXIC BASS Radiation CD that i downloaded a few years ago. IDK how it was recorded? As for the remote gain knob i did have it turn to the max when i matched my gain.

I don't know much about the TOXIC BASS Radiation CD but as far as a new download if someone can help you find Kyle's sine waves it might be worth downloading.

I checked Kyle's sine waves with my DB Drag disc on my O-scope and DMM and both were very close as far as quality goes.

I'm sorry but I don't know what else that I can tell you to help.

Good luck man.

One last thought, your running 2 18 inch BTLs off of a 3500?

this is just a guess as I have not used either but from what I have read maybe they are a little underpowered and you are clipping.

Strictly a guess.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I don't know much about the TOXIC BASS Radiation CD but as far as a new download if someone can help you find Kyle's sine waves it might be worth downloading.

I checked Kyle's sine waves with my DB Drag disc on my O-scope and DMM and both were very close as far as quality goes.

I'm sorry but I don't know what else that I can tell you to help.

Good luck man.

One last thought, your running 2 18 inch BTLs off of a 3500?

this is just a guess as I have not used either but from what I have read maybe they are a little underpowered and you are clipping.

Strictly a guess.

Are those posted somewhere on here?

'05 GMC Envoy

Are those posted somewhere on here?

Well thats the problem!

I can't remember for the life of me exactly where I got them but I'm pretty sure it was off this forum and the good news is that the guy has a link to the sine waves in his SIG.

the 2 things I would try would be:

Go to the tunes section of the forum and see if you can find Kyle's name and check his SIG

or

Go into advanced search and see if you can search by member names.

again I am sorry I can't be of more help and know I got to go cause I have to build some shelve's for someone and I'm a night person and want to try and get it done before the people go to sleep.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Well thats the problem!

I can't remember for the life of me exactly where I got them but I'm pretty sure it was off this forum and the good news is that the guy has a link to the sine waves in his SIG.

the 2 things I would try would be:

Go to the tunes section of the forum and see if you can find Kyle's name and check his SIG

or

Go into advanced search and see if you can search by member names.

again I am sorry I can't be of more help and know I got to go cause I have to build some shelve's for someone and I'm a night person and want to try and get it done before the people go to sleep.

Thanks for all your help

'05 GMC Envoy

here you go.

Kylecannon at the bottom of this thread.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=49562&hl=

look for:

Sine Waves available for download

in the Sig.

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png

Have you by chance checked your voltage? Low voltage will cause clipping.

My voltage rarely dips below 13v unless it is at idle.

'05 GMC Envoy

Good look mayne! Thanx again... :clapping:

LOL no good luck to you man. :D

Terryswork001.png