first time tinting

basshead4life

if its for designing boxes then its good for all subs. i think rockfordfosgate has a calculator that has slanted fronts too.

im going to tint the two back side windows in my mystique with 2.5%. its the first time ive tinted windows ever so im not sure how its gonna turn out. heres some pics of the tint and solution im using. cost me $30 at canadian tire.

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

ill post pics of the finished product when im done. wish me luck :lol:

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

take your time it isn't easy stuff.

make sure you get everything saturated with the spray you have and clean the window A LOT.

good luck!

and if it doesn't turn out good you can always know that your money will go to a good cause when you pay a professional to do it :)

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

hmm, I havent had any luck with the Gila brand lasting very long. It's turned purple very quickly the times i've used it. But best of luck on your first time tinting, its fun ;) haha

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

take your time it isn't easy stuff.

make sure you get everything saturated with the spray you have and clean the window A LOT.

good luck!

and if it doesn't turn out good you can always know that your money will go to a good cause when you pay a professional to do it :)

damn right it isnt easy. i clean the window then cleaned it again, then started to unroll the tint and went back amd cleaned it again. put the solution on loaded everything with it. laid tint on cut it out. and me being dumb left a little extra so that id trim it later well it creased up on me big time i got pissed and heres my finished product.

IMG_0858.jpg

any way after i came inside who shows up 2 mins later but one of my dads friends who used to tint windows in ambulances all the time. :fool::fool::fool::fool::fool: so after she heard about my huge screw up she thinks she can still get a deal on tint at the place she used to work and shes gonna buy me some tint and help be put it on as a birthdaty present. so be prepared for a decent second time tint job within the week. at least i hope a decent one. :lol: but it was a learning expeirence even tho it didnt work. i learned that i'm a shitty tinter :lol:

Team S.M.D.

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

tinting is not hard and your solution is mild soap and water..all cuts and sizing are to be done before peeling apart and final install,hardest part is getting tint below the window line seals

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

first time I tried tinting was on the back of my tahoe just before it got night time.

its a huge window and you have to get in an awkward position to get it on and it was an autozone kit of 5%

mine creased big time and when I tried fixing it I made it worse.

then did the back 2 windows and got bubbles everywhere because again almost night time and then the passenger side 2nd door was a disaster so I stopped in the middle of the job and called my tint guy haha.

glad to hear you have someone that will help you.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

hmm, I havent had any luck with the Gila brand lasting very long. It's turned purple very quickly the times i've used it. But best of luck on your first time tinting, its fun ;) haha

doesnt bother me any purples not a bad coulor :lol:

tinting is not hard and your solution is mild soap and water..all cuts and sizing are to be done before peeling apart and final install,hardest part is getting tint below the window line seals

so i rought cut on the out side and final cut on inside? and it was when i tryed to get it below the seals that it failed.

first time I tried tinting was on the back of my tahoe just before it got night time.

its a huge window and you have to get in an awkward position to get it on and it was an autozone kit of 5%

mine creased big time and when I tried fixing it I made it worse.

then did the back 2 windows and got bubbles everywhere because again almost night time and then the passenger side 2nd door was a disaster so I stopped in the middle of the job and called my tint guy haha.

glad to hear you have someone that will help you.

well now i dont feel so bad. im not the only one who cant tint :lol:

Team S.M.D.

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery