Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate amp question.

ImLow78

Guys I'm try'n to throw some stuff in my Tahoe that I've had Lay'n around for a while and it needs to get used. I'm Building a Ported box for some JL 15w0 8ohm subs and The amp that I have lay'n around is a Ol' Rockford Punch 40dsm I've thought about wiring the sub in Parallel to get a 4 ohm load on that amp and run it in mono. I'm not try'n to be the big guy on the block with this little system but I had this stuff lay'n around and wanted to finally put some small amount of beats in our Tahoe. Should that little amp run those subs fine for a while.

The subs are only rated at like 150 rms and 300 max so I know they are not no Audiopulse, RE or anything like that, I just want to use what I have since I'm unemployed and I'm try'n to occupy my mine so I don't go crazy thinking about being broke. :) I'm powering my 2 sets of components with a Alpine pdx 4.150 and this is all going through a Audiocontrol DQXS.

Should I be fine?

Thanks for your help guys.

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

I thought I read some where it would do like 145 watts @ 4ohms in mono. I thought that would be more then enough for those w0's

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Those little 40's are incredible at 4 ohm and 2 ohm bridged.

Its deffinetly worth trying.

I had a buddy run one on a 150 watt RMS 4 ohm sealed box 12 and it really suprised the hell out of us.

I think its worth trying.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I had a pair of JL W0 15's (8ohm) running off a old punch 100ix and they were really loud back in the day. It should sound good.

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

Just got back in the house and I'm finished with the amp rack, all I'm needing to get tomorrow is the Vinyl,8ga fuse holder, 2ft. 2channel RCA to finish the amp rack. Then all thats left is finish running the 1/0 from the front and next we Its off to the shop to get on the RTA to set up the DQXS.

:)

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

Shannon

Archived