Second Skin Audio

aero port question

either two 6" ports or five 4" ports. if its 5 then 2 will be in each top corner (to the side of the subs) and one will be in the bottom middle (under the subs). the two 6"s will just be one in each corner.

i want to do the five 4"s but not really sure about having them in so many differant places. you guys think itll matter?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

what is the cubic feet of your box.

you will want 12-16 sqaure inches of port (the port opening, if the port is 5 inches by 7 inches then that is 35 square inches of port) PER CUBIC FOOT.

^^^^thats a baseline number but it is usually right on point for optimal results.

so do the math. find the square inches of each port then make sure you have 12-16 square inches per foot. if you have 2 cubic feet then you will want anywhere from 24-32 square inches of port.

what kind of subs, amps btw.

what is the cubic feet of your box.

you will want 12-16 sqaure inches of port (the port opening, if the port is 5 inches by 7 inches then that is 35 square inches of port) PER CUBIC FOOT.

^^^^thats a baseline number but it is usually right on point for optimal results.

so do the math. find the square inches of each port then make sure you have 12-16 square inches per foot. if you have 2 cubic feet then you will want anywhere from 24-32 square inches of port.

what kind of subs, amps btw.

no worries boss. i already know all that. itll be 5^ft so the 6"ers will be a tad over 11in per 1^ft and the 4"ers will be a little over 12in. i want to go with the bigger port area but im just worried about the ports being in those places. so if its not a problem for that 5th port to be under the subs in the middle by its self then ill do it. if not then i have to go with the 6"s.

know what i mean?

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

gotcha. sorry for the pointless explanation.

what do you mean by under the subs in the middle? you mean just on a different side of the box?

if so, then yea it should be fine. might actually give another .2 db or so just cuz it would be bouncing off at a different angle.

no not a differant wall. lets see if i can draw this...

OO sub OO

. . . . O

ignore the "."

but the subs are firing up, ports back. so that last aero will be under the motors

Edited by skittlesRgood

nice drawing. :D

yea that would be fine

edit: at first your drawing was off center.

Edited by brewer_brewer

lol ya, it wouldnt put in just spaces. so you dont think itll be a problem. good news. more port ftw.

yea it would be fine. make sure you do some 45's to keep the air moving though. makes a big difference when using round ports.

i am going to... do i need them in every edge? im not sure how to cut 45s to make 3 of them fit flush in a corner lol.

i cut 1/2 inch wooden dowels so that they fit in the corners. then position the box so its sitting at a 45 degree angle then pour resin in and let it dry to that form.

or you can do it with just resin. saves resin with the dowels.