Second Skin Audio

Just got a call from a buddy

Just got a call from a buddy who i went to acoustic edge with whos workin for a shop. Needs a design for 4 15 L7s in a 2dr 96 hoe. Going to just be a mean daily setup. Im thinkin 12-15 cubes, subs up port back. its gunna be beast. Thing is. I was told all i had for depth was 33" from seat to tailgate. Shit, my blazer has 35" so is that right? I know its got more width to work with, but damn. that just sounds shallow, may have to run subs up port up.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

He wants to go ported if possible also. Ill be workin on it today, probably get it done this evening or tomorrow.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

im thinkin cuz of lack of depth im going subs up port up.

anyone ever seen subs mounted 2 up, 2 back, port up? would that work? he mentioned something about wanting to do it like that, i should just tell him tell the dude to wall it behind the back seats, he just wants it loud as fuck anyway.

Everyone says its bad to have the port too close to the rear hatch, thats why i was thinkin subs up port up, i can make it fit if i go 33 deep on it. Makin the box kinda big, hes puttin them on a 2500w amp, not sure what it is, so the box the way i have it is gunna be 14.5-15 cubes tuned to 35 Hz port is a bit big 16.7 per cube. But i think it should work.

15.6 cubes before subs after bracing, tuned around 34-35 Hz.

415l7.jpg