Second Skin Audio

Port Divider

dmz2711

If I wanted to divide my rectangular port right down the center for some extra bracing, will my port length have to stay the same or does it change since I technically have 2 seperate ports now??? :blush::blink:

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

If you account for the extra .75 inches of wood being taken up in your port area and make each port .375" wider, then yes it will work.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

If you account for the extra .75 inches of wood being taken up in your port area and make each port .375" wider, then yes it will work.

ok, but what if the port is built, then that throws off everything, correct?

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

sounds like you are basically making two seperate ports. So you would just measure each by themselves, i dont know what kind of port it is so i cant help ya but, if they are divided the ports wont effect eachother. You will have to accomodate for the space that is taken up by teh board to make each port the same tuning frequency as you originally wanted. I am not sure what the dimensions are of your port, but sean sounds like he knows. If you gave us a diagram and some exacts it owuld be way easier to help.

Baylor University

Accounting

yea, did you already build it and you are going to put a divider in now. or have you not built it yet. If it is already built you cant just do that. But if its not you can easily accomodate and alter your dimensions of both ports to obtain the tuning frequency for both ports, not hard to do.

If it is already built, do you think you can take apart the box easily enough to put the divider in and re-assemble the box?

Baylor University

Accounting

Archived