DC Sound Lab

put in my new sub last night and the voice coil burnt out in less than 5 min

I spoke with him today earlier, He said he had a 5500 watt power acoustic amp on the 1 LV412 with a 5 coil I dident catch the rest of his system, (batteries,wire,alt and what not) Were sending a call tag for the sub and will find out what happened to it, there will either be a defect with the coil or it will be burnt to hell, either way we told him we would re-cone it for free and even take care of the shipping, we want to be able to give everyone a definitive answer as to what happened. I see that whatever the case may be it has caused doubt for a few people that have considered us for subs. We want people to feel confident when buying a sub from us. Once they leave the shop we have no control over what happens to them but when we get them back its always easy to tell after taking them apart.

thank you rusty i just got on to tell everyone that you were gonna re cone it for me and that you were going to even cover shipping costs

this is some of, well actually the best customer service i have ever seen. i am so appreciative on how rusty handled it. and there for i will always be a dc buyer

so for all of you who might be doubting the subs DONT! with customer service like dc has i dont know who would turn away from a dc sub or amp or any product they put out because there shit is off the chain

thank you again rusty :)

before you pulled up to the store, how long were you playing it? did you full tilt it? do you smell something when you full tilt it?

the store was three mins away so 3 mins and i had the volume at about 1/4 of the way up so i could start breaking it in

people have such a hard time understanding that shit happens. so stop bustin his balls bout his sub. rusty said he'll find out what was wrong with the sub. if it was a faulty product then a bunch of you guys are gonna look like idiots for talkin shit to him. then on the other hand if it ends up bein his fault somehow, you better get your flame suit on. because people are gonna give you shit. ;)

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

ugh.. Really now?

Or if the amp is clipped to hell!

Id tend to believe a retail shop over the end user backyard installer like sable nave.

Of coarse the end user/backyard installer is never going to admit to a maxxed out gain/bassboost.

But rusty will be able to tell as soon as he recones it. :)

Honestly dude.... that was completely uncalled for! a persons lack of knoledge on a subject is NO reason to call him out or make fun of him in a random thread.... NOT COOL!................. -5 rep points for you sir!

anyhow back on the subject.... ive seen the lvl 4's in person as have many of us... they are great subs that are built WELL... but not even him building them by hand can totally eliminate the possibility for defects in the parts.... perhaps it was just a weak spot in the wire in the coil... or perhaps it was a bad batch of glue.... we wont know till rusty can get the sub and inspect it...

and rusty... props to you for standing behind your product!

with all of that being said... i personally have my suspecions about that amp..... you said in a previous thread that it burned up all of the 12guage wire inside your box... that is not good! and now you have a new sub that has smoked coils... something isnt adding up here.... anyways im done talking! i hope everything works out...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Honestly dude.... that was completely uncalled for! a persons lack of knoledge on a subject is NO reason to call him out or make fun of him in a random thread.... NOT COOL!................. -5 rep points for you sir!

anyhow back on the subject.... ive seen the lvl 4's in person as have many of us... they are great subs that are built WELL... but not even him building them by hand can totally eliminate the possibility for defects in the parts.... perhaps it was just a weak spot in the wire in the coil... or perhaps it was a bad batch of glue.... we wont know till rusty can get the sub and inspect it...

and rusty... props to you for standing behind your product!

with all of that being said... i personally have my suspecions about that amp..... you said in a previous thread that it burned up all of the 12guage wire inside your box... that is not good! and now you have a new sub that has smoked coils... something isnt adding up here.... anyways im done talking! i hope everything works out...

i burned up the ends of the wires that were held together with electrical tape that electrical tape had been on the wires for a year or two eventually after long enough time when shit is constantly playing the copper gets hot and shit melts to the wires causing the wires to go bad

Alright....Rusty has responded and this one is getting locked up. If Rusty feels he needs to explain to anyone other then the Customer what he finds once the woofer is inspected, he can re-open this.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif