digi distro block question

i just got in the mail my digital distro block, but on the back of the digi display, there is a single wire, would this be a ground or a power wire to illuminate the digi display? and would i just stick that wire in with my power wire from my battery?

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

It is the ground wire. You will need to use it to complete the circuit for the display.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Double check how that ground wire is running inside the block. I had a digital fuse block and that ground was pinched inside the block and eventually shorted.

alright thanks, the ground is soldered on the back/bottom of the display.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

alright thanks, the ground is soldered on the back/bottom of the display.

finally hooked up the ground, but i never thought of this, its always displaying my volts even when the truck is off, this wont drain the battery at all will it, being left on all the time and the truck off for long periods?

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

finally hooked up the ground, but i never thought of this, its always displaying my volts even when the truck is off, this wont drain the battery at all will it, being left on all the time and the truck off for long periods?

My digi fuse block would shut off after a few minutes of no volt change, and come back on with volt change(starting the engine or bumpin with the engine off). LEDs draw very little power. In the milliamps somewhere (dont know exactly). It would take a long time for that to discharge your bat. How long exactly? Hope someone else can share that info. It wont be overnight thats for sure.

Edited by hdrox88

It would take an extremely long time for led's to drain a battery. Think of a blinking alarm led. Have you ever heard one of those draining a battery? You should have nothing to worry about.

99 Ford Explorer Sport

Alpine 9886

Infinity 7541a

JL 12w3

Viper 771xv

It would take an extremely long time for led's to drain a battery. Think of a blinking alarm led. Have you ever heard one of those draining a battery? You should have nothing to worry about.

ah yea i guess you have a point there, well when i go out to my truck next ill see if it shuts its self down or not. thanks though!

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

humm thats funny... i asked this question a couple weeks ago and got a completely different answer.... the wire is blue on mine so after talking to many people we all decided it was for the remote wire... but ive not hooked mine up yet so this is good to know..... are you sure its a ground? and if so, why the hell didnt they just make the wire black?....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

humm thats funny... i asked this question a couple weeks ago and got a completely different answer.... the wire is blue on mine so after talking to many people we all decided it was for the remote wire... but ive not hooked mine up yet so this is good to know..... are you sure its a ground? and if so, why the hell didnt they just make the wire black?....

my wire is blue also, but i grounded it, and it works fine. i guess it needs a ground to complete the circuit. but mine stays lit up all the time, i guess if i didnt want it to i could always run a switch for the ground, but i dont think it will really matter.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver