Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Trunk set-up for subs.


Recommended Posts

Posted

My friend has just asked me to make a box for his trunk, only problem is I dont know how i should arrange the subs in this case.

So subs up, port back? Subs and port facing back? Subs up and port up? What should I do?

Posted
My friend has just asked me to make a box for his trunk, only problem is I dont know how i should arrange the subs in this case.

So subs up, port back? Subs and port facing back? Subs up and port up? What should I do?

What subs is he planning on using, how much space does he have etc.... usually subs back port back works best in trunk cars, however I have also had good results doing subs up ports up.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted
What subs is he planning on using, how much space does he have etc.... usually subs back port back works best in trunk cars, however I have also had good results doing subs up ports up.

He has Boston G1's He has 11ft3 available but Boston only recommends 2ft3 per sub. Can I go bigger for them?

Posted

For best sound, I think subs back port back. For best numbers other than sealing off the truck, for me has been subs forward port to the drivers side.

Posted

I personally like subs back port back.

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

Posted
He has Boston G1's He has 11ft3 available but Boston only recommends 2ft3 per sub. Can I go bigger for them?

I would stick with Bostons Specs for the best results.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 2873 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...