My official Build thread for the 04 Tahoe (*video*)

Lovin' the amp rack!

Thanks! I guess I'm just too picky about stuff. I thought the rack could have been covered a little bit better (The notches where the front of the seat frame comes up through the rack.). I hated having to paint them black and cut the vinyl around the notches but you can only do what your skill level allows. Also all of the guys on this page helped out with their system builds and their tutorials to show how to do allot of stuff!

I also hope that the way I ran my RCA's and speaker wire I don't get the dreaded alternator wine!!!!!!!! LoL

Shannon

Edited by ImLow78

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Not much progress today. I got most of the amps wired and the last RCA from the DQXS to the sub amp. On top of that little stuff I was able to get a friend to help get the box out of the basement and put in the truck. For once something I did turned out right! The box fit like a glove.

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

Here is a little buss bar that is able to handle 30amp so that should be big enough for this little amp.

DSC00525.jpg

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Nice install buddy, where did you get the grommets from that you put in the wood for the wires to be ran through???

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

Nice install buddy, where did you get the grommets from that you put in the wood for the wires to be ran through???

Wire Grommets

They start 3/4 the way down on that page. I think they are also on the pages after that one. Hope this helps you out. Those grommets really help make the install look cleaner once the vinyl was trimmed back.

Shannon

Edited by ImLow78

very clean, likin the buss bar

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

Well guys it lives! I finally got it up and running about an hour ago and still need to clean up some of the wires and work on the DQXS & Amp gains tomorrow before its off to the RTA to get the final tune. So here are some pictures (They ain't very good but it was at night) of all the pretty lights. LoL

Once I got it fired up and the cross overs close to where they should be I threw in some Three 6 Mafia (Azz & Titties), (Half on a Sack) and a few other tracks and even though I thought the ports was tuned too low this thing sounds pretty good for some junk I had lay'n around for a few years collecting dust.

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00536.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

Please remember that The wire clutter that is in the last picture will be cleaned up tomorrow and all tucked away.

One more thing, I'm having a Minor amount of alternator wine but you can only barely hear it when the volume is at 0. I know the grounding to a seat bolt is a No,No but that was the best place I had with out having to rip out the amp rack again and drill another 1 1/2" hole next to where I ran the power wire in the cab and even then with the power distribution block mounted where it is I don't think I would have room there. Right now its so minimal I almost don't even want to mess with it.

There is supposed to be a ground loop circuit built into the DQXS but I'm going to have to read up on it some more tomorrow.

Shannon

Edited by ImLow78

Well guys, I've had a few days to play with this thing an must say that the DQXS is kicking my @SS. I thought that I would have the funds this week to get this thing on a RTA at one of our local stores but that didn't work out. So I downloaded TrueRTA (The free version) for now to try and get some of the settings on the EQ & cross over set. Now granted the free version on TrueRTA is only a 1 octave Analyzer so I know its not the best, But something is better then nothing.

Could you guys give me a idea on where I should start setting my cross overs? Right now when I play pink noise the frequency response it fairly flat. (I know I'm not using the best RTA but you have to work with what you can afford for now.) LoL so any help you guys can give me on starting points would be great. I'd hate to screw something up not knowing where to start.

Shannon

Well guys here is a video of the Hoe. I had to make it pretty fast because I was out in the middle of BFE (Bumble Phuck Egypt) so I didn't want someone (County Cop) ridding up on me and giving me some drama. As you guys can see most of my equipment is nothing crazy like most of the people on this board. LoL So here you guys go!

th_MOV00553.jpg

Shannon

Edited by ImLow78