Ford Taurus + Head Unit

i was on crutchfield.com and was lookin at a head unit. found one i liked, clicked on it, and at the bottom there was this message.

Installation Details for your 2003 Taurus SE

» Your vehicle's climate controls are part of your factory radio. We recommend that you purchase a dash adapter that accommodates your new stereo and allows the climate controls to continue working. Without this adapter, you'd have to fabricate a mounting kit, run new wires, and relocate your climate controls.

Scosche OEM Adapter $69.99

» Unbolt or cut out the factory stereo's rear support bracket to make room for your new receiver.

» The OEM integration package includes a kit to mount your new receiver, a wiring harness, an antenna adapter, and an antenna extension cable. You'll remove the climate controls from your factory radio and attach them to the new kit. Run the wiring harness and antenna extension cable from the radio to the rear of the vehicle where the factory tuner is located. This package bypasses the factory tuner and amplifier.

so my question is...

who has installed one in a taurus before? its an '03 taurus SE. is it really as hard as they are makin it sound to put a head unit in and still look good and clean?

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

Archived