1999 Durango- Two 15" L5s Build Up

Just finished all I can do for today. I got just about every part cut considering the wood I had left. Tried to start fiberglassing...without gloves :V I learned a quick lesson. Wear gloves when you fiberglass. It's a pain in the ass to do if your hands are exposed to it.

Took some more pics of this mornings work.

Posted Image

Every time this guy heard the saw on, he would come check what the hell it was lol

Posted Image

If you guys noticed by where I was fiberglassing that piece of wood has a crack down the center right. Before any one says any thing...it's already been taken care of...Just finished fiberglassing that up and most of the corners in the first box. ;DI'll get pics when I get home later tonight.

I got pretty upset at home depot...First nobody would come and cut the MDF in half for me since a complete sheet won't fit in my car. Then, 30 mins later I run into a guy that worked at Home Depot and the fag just walks away telling me the saw is broken (im thinkin yeah BS) .So I go to get the smaller sheets of 3/4 MDF that come in 2' x 4'. So im like ok cool I'll just take 3 of these and I'll be good. Yeah right! They only had 1 that was kind of damaged! I ended up taking it any ways since the damaged part wasn't going to be used either way, but since they didn't have enough wood I couldn't finish up the box as far as dealing with wood goes.I got home and glue one box together. Then I went 2 fiberglass the edges and I ran out of resin! :'(Now I have to go buy some more resin and mat as well as more MDF, at a different home depot.

I'm shooting to complete these boxes tomorrow. That includes cutting two pieces of wood for the box that doesn't have a top yet, glueing the remaining things, and fiberglassing the outside edges of the first box and all the corners inside the second box and outside edges.Hopefully I can have this system up and running by some time next Wednesday, around there.

Well I finally got around to work on the boxes some more. The box had some gaps so I fiberglassed both the inside and outside of the boxes. Hopefully one layer of fiberglass is good enough to cover up the holes (from air flowing out) and gives it a little extra support.

Inside edges all fiberglassedPosted Image

Posted Image

Here's how the outside of the boxes look right now...[glow=red,2,300]NAKED![/glow]  :-*

Posted Image

Archived