1999 Durango- Two 15" L5s Build Up

Decided this morning to finally get started on a friend's box. Two 15" L5s going into 4.0cubes tunned @ 33hz (each box, two seperate boxes).

Thought I took more pics but apparently I forgot to take more :V. I have one box about 85% finished. Made a mistake making the box 16.5" H and didn't notice that's almost the same size in diameter of the sub! The sub still fits but im thinking of fiberglassing the inside around the sub to give it better support.

First pic is what i started with. Sheet of MDF now cut in half, sitting on bricks! ;)

Posted Image

Cut out made for one sub.

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pics coming tomorrow guys! A lot more than today.

Goal for tomorrow is to finish cutting up the wood and have both boxes complete. If I can't complete both then atleast finish fiberglassing the first one I started on and have one box 100% completed.

After both boxes are complete it's off to a fiberglassed amp rack...if my friend can just be a little patient of course! >:(

no offence ether but that is one "special" cutout, maybe he didnt have a router though

LOL x2 on my ugly cutout. It was kinda hard to do since I have an extremely worn out blade. I used that little electrical saw you see (the green one) to the bottom right of the second picture.

What I did when I did my L7's was draw my cut lines, then I pulled the guard for the Skill Saw back and Lowered the blade down Slowly until I was threw the wood, then  I used a jigg saw for my corners, hope that helps on the next one.David

What I did when I did my L7's was draw my cut lines, then I pulled the guard for the Skill Saw back and Lowered the blade down Slowly until I was threw the wood, then  I used a jigg saw for my corners, hope that helps on the next one.David

Thought about doing just that but I don't have much experience with my hand saw. I'm use to using the table saw but decided to buy me this hand saw for this install and future installs since I heard it's easier and quicker, which IMO it is.But yeah thanks for the advice David. I will try that next time I have to work with square subs. :^

About today:

Im not too happy about today's progress. Ran out of wood and wasn't able to go out to get some extra since I woke up two hours later than what I wanted to. I was kind of rushing things today so I didn't have too much time for pics.

What I mainly did today was glue most of the pieces in box #1 and finished cutting all the parts for the first box. I could have completely glued everything in the first box together if I wanted to but I decided not to since I want to fiberglass the inside before I completely seal it all off.

This is the only pic I was able to take since I didn't want to spend time taking pics.

Posted Image

Archived