1999 Durango- Two 15" L5s Build Up

Ran out of Bondo Resin and Mat so I had to go out the other day to the local Ace Hardware and got some of this shit.

The resin works ok but the MAT is a piece of shit. Would have rather worked with the Bondo MAT

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Inside shot of the box

Posted Image

Posted Image

Inside shot of the port

Posted Image

Thats all for now...Still got to sand a some fiberglass down to lay the carpet smooth and were going to make a simple amp rack. Nothin crazy just some thing to give it a clean look and hide most of the wires.

Were going to pick up the carpet today. Then we just have to wait for the fiberglass to dry and glue (should be done by tomorrow), make sure every thing is good (no gaps and every thing is on good) might have to fiberglass a little more, then we have to make the amp rack (still in the talks how/if were going to do it).

Looks like it will be done by this weekend maybe even Wednesday/ Thursday.

I may be to late but make sure your port surfaces are sanded smooth. That includes sanding the edges of the port walls as well. If you leave things as they are you will end up with extra port noise

I'm going to do some sanding but sanding the actual inside of the port may be a little difficult but not impossible. I'm going to see how it sounds first. If it sounds too bad then im going to try my best to sand the inside.

hate to let you down, but you HAVE to sand that fiberlass smooth. Do it now (don't mean to sound bossy) while the box is still out and empty. Honestly, if you don't it will sound real bad

OK thanks. Don't worry about sounding bossy lol if your trying to proove your point to me then do it in whatever way you have to get the message to me.This is the first time I ever work with fiberglass so I have a lot to know. This being one. Thanks for the info though. :^

Dammn fiberglass isn't the easiest shit to sand :-X The little sheet of sandpaper last me no more than a minute. I was using 100grit.Ran out of fiberglass so I have to go out and get some more but I know this is going to be a big pain in the ass :'(Do you guys use a specific sand paper?

Archived