I agree it looks real nice.

2 Things:

Round off the edges on those rings, itll look a lot better when you wrap it.

And get some bondoglass/duraglass/everglass, and use it as your first coat of filler. Makes things go a lot faster.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

yaa.. i'll sand some monday.... so some bondoglass.... i'll see how things are once i get the fabric streached.... i may not sound the best in the world.. but it looks great.... i'll be ordering the 30 band eq/crossover soon... and the custom trunk

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

I've got an RTA program.... www.TrueRTA.com

i have the free one now... going to uprgrade to level 3 or 4 soon

and a RTA mic on order

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

Lookin good.....howz that glue workin out for ya... :)

I agree with Nismo,on the resin...i know its convenient to get bondo resin locally.....but it is garbage...itll work but its too unpredictable IMHO

how far off of the door are these things stickin..mounted flat to the door like that...

they dont hit the seat....or your knee...

Posted Image

and is that your dash line...at the front of the door..if so your hitting the dash... :huh:

have you done a test fit on the door ...with the rings mounted...if not DO it now :excl:

not pickin apart your work...id just hate to see it all wrapped and resined...and not fitting...

lookin good so far tho...

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

You'll like those daytons. I have the 7 inch reference series, and they are loud and clean. nice choice man.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

yes i have done a test fit.. everything will clear..

yes that is the dash line, on my car it doesn't come over all of the way, I have enough room, I have 3" between my left foot and the sub

the one problem i have now is that if i stretch the cloth over it now it will hit the subwoofer magnet. so any suggests??????????

do you guys think it woul dbe better if i just ripped everything off and used rings, and leaned everything back as far as i could( the subs mount depth is 4.5"... looking for some input here

or what about mount the sub straight across, and angle the mid and tweeter more towards the center

Archived