looks nice but what are the dimensions? seems like you'r going to have to sit pretty far forward. my box fit pretty comfortably but i didn't take into account the surround or excursion so i gotta sit up a few clicks. i also ended up routering the cutout so that it sits flush, gives me another inch or so...

edit: how many cubes?

noobs kthnxbi

looks nice but what are the dimensions? seems like you'r going to have to sit pretty far forward. my box fit pretty comfortably but i didn't take into account the surround or excursion so i gotta sit up a few clicks. i also ended up routering the cutout so that it sits flush, gives me another inch or so...

edit: how many cubes?

yea i alrady do sit a few clicks up from the farthest position and when you take away the port and sub displacement it is right around 6 cubes. I am putting racing seats in my truck in the next 2 weeks and the sit straight up so i should be fine once i get those...

That box looks nice man!!! Ive been thinking about getting 2 of those same amps to push my Qs. How does it sound?

thanks man... and as for the sound of it i have no idea lol...i am going to start my wiring today and possibly get some bump but i have to build a mount still and im not sure how i want to do it so it can sit on the ledge of my truck.

mine is 8 cubes gross...

here's what i did, don't know what year ranger you have, but if you have the jump seats like mine, this might help. i used 3/4 mdf and countersunk it into where the old seats were. then put the box ontop the mdf blocks and screw it on through the inside of the box. i also removed all the trim on the back wall and it gave me another inch or so...

edit: forgot the pic...

post-154-1177272323_thumb.jpg

noobs kthnxbi

He has the seats that fold out from the sides. And those are removed. But we had to leave space on either side for roll cage mounting. And yea the trim on the back wall is removed as well. This is pretty much as big as we could get it without going over the window line or resorting to awkward shapes.

Box looks sick man. (FYI I only helped in the design/construction of the bare box, he's doing all the carpeting/wiring/install work himself)

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

• 2 weeks later...

Archived