Sean 371 and I built this box in about a day and a half...woulda been faster but the damn port 45 took forever to sand down....you'll see.

Tip: If you don't expand the pictures, they look all jagged....and they're all clean and straight don't worry. B)

Gotta show a lil SMD love:

Posted Image

Wood cut:

Posted Image

first three walls:

Posted Image

port 45 in, this is where we decided to make it more of a perfect circle than a 45:

Posted Image

first resin pool:

Posted Image

second pool:

Posted Image

starting filling:

Posted Image

its a very smooth transition for air flow:

Posted Image

more filling:

Posted Image

painted (it looks a lil rough here, but its not that bad in person. plus it was built for function, not looks.)

Posted Image

Port in:

Posted Image

Baffle cut:

Posted Image

Double baffled of course:

Posted Image

Port rounded:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mostly done now, just gotta do some more caulking and repaint the port, and then carpet it.

As always, COMMENTS ARE WELCOME! Box is for an Fi 18" Q powered by a kicker zx1000

That box is super clean. Looks great.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

thanks civic and mazda

That damn 45 took us till 2:30 last night to get smooth enough. And then we bought some spackle (the white stuff) and filled some more little pinholes with that. My flush rout bit is dyin on me after this build though. I use it whenever I cut a double baffle and MDF burns up any cutting bit a lot quicker than other woods.

But this box should hit real hard. It's a tight fit though, right up to the seats, and built all the way back, to the sides, and up to the window line.

Anyone have any ideas for amp mounting?

We could mount them on the top, but that's in plain view for thieves, although we could flush mount them to hide them a little. Or I was thinking of mounting the zx1000 to one of the sides and his 4 way amp to the other side. Still workin this stuff out.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

I was thinking about putting the zx1000 between the sub and the port would this look stupid or could this possibly be a good idea and the speaker amp i could hide under the box becasue its going to sit on a ledge....

I was thinking about putting the zx1000 between the sub and the port would this look stupid or could this possibly be a good idea and the speaker amp i could hide under the box becasue its going to sit on a ledge....

Only problem I see with this is it might vibrate teh fuck out of it, seems like it should work fine though.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

oh yea that is very true mazda, and we were thinking about a flush mount, but since the box is already above the window line, i thought it might attract someone to steal it since the amps would be visbale...

and thanks for the comments.

oh yea that is very true mazda, and we were thinking about a flush mount, but since the box is already above the window line, i thought it might attract someone to steal it since the amps would be visbale...

and thanks for the comments.

I dunno what you paid for your amp but I wouldnt put a $700 amp one window away from being free, ya feel me?

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Archived