Which one??  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which component set?

• Memphis
    • CDT
    • Zapco
    • RE
    • Soundstream

I'm buying components soon here, i can scrape together like 140 or so to spend. Which one will serve me best? I have around 80 watts per channel.

CDT: http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=1090

1090.jpg

Zapco: http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4965 (these are real heavily discounted, and I know zapco amps are amazing, are their comps as good?)

4965.jpg

Memphis MClass:

15msq6.jpg

RE components. Although those are a lil more expensive. http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4927

4927.jpg

I was also looking at these as kind of a budget option, although I've heard SS has some pretty good comps

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2928_S...ream+XSC.6.html

Which one of these sound best off the power I have available? Thanks for your opinions guys!

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

i currently own a set of the soundstream xsc.5 and a pair of the xsc.6. For the price i paid for them ($20 bucks a pair brand new) there awesome but comparing them to others in there price range i think they are probably one of the worst. I have ran them of of a top of the line alpine deck with alpine amp and (current set up) a pioner nvic-n1 and a rockford amp and they they sound great on stuff without an alot of constant highs but on stuff where there is alot of highs (rock, mariah carey type singing, etc...) the tweets distort really bad. I thought maybe it was the way i was tunning the system or something so i had a few people that i know tune it that know what they are doing and still they do the same. Im about to order the re's for my car. Idk if they are the best out there but they are definately not bad.

Yea RE's would be cool, but I'm leaning toward Memphis, CDT, or Zapco. I've heard good things about all of them, basically I can't make up my mind haha.

Subwoofer Wall

Can anyone vouch for Zapco speakers? I reaaally like the looks of them. They're a lil pricey but if they're worth it, I'm fine with that.

Subwoofer Wall

I personally like CDTs out of the choices u gave but I dont like the model that u picked. Imma be running the CDT Upstage components with the upgraded woofer....thats a 6.75" woofer, a 1" silk main tweeter and a 0.75" silk upstage tweeter with about 260rms on each side. But since ur on a budget Id get those CDTs that ur look'n at or either some Polk Momos.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

Guest MegaloManiac

^^^i looked into those apparantly they arent Focals greatest Components.

That whole list isnt appealing to me. The RE REs are a bit on the "bright" side, the CDT have a weird Toneality, Zapco, I think they spend more design time on their amps & processors than their Components, Soundstream is harsh as well, Memphis I dont know about that. keep in mind that is my opinion. I did not vote.

Archived