Big 3 going down this weekend

Doing the big 3 this weekend on 2 cars that are extremely different from each other and I was unclear on something. In the tutorials and everywhere else it says to leave the stock wires in place. Is that because of any serious problems or just because it's easier? I have seen problems in the past on the irragi section because of having the wires in different directions because of space and the way electricity travels etc. I did do the big 3 with smaller wire before I knew about this forum (4 ga to ground and alt and 8 ga to chassis) and I removed the stock wiring, didn't have any problems. Now I'm upgrading that car and a Mercedes as well and I don't want any problems in that one!

Any ideas, help, advice?

Starting From Scratch!!

Leaving the stock wires is just for ease as far as the ground is concerned. For the pos. from the alt to the batt some cars have some electrical stuff tap into that wire before it reaches the batt. so that stock one should stay.

Leaving the stock wires is just for ease as far as the ground is concerned. For the pos. from the alt to the batt some cars have some electrical stuff tap into that wire before it reaches the batt. so that stock one should stay.

Didn't think of that, good catch. The car I did it on before and redoing now is an old 80's american car so no worries there. I think the Mercedes might be a problem because the battery is in the trunk and that is a long way to not have anything else tapped in. I'll check the run first and see if I find anything connected.

Starting From Scratch!!

Archived