G_skillz81 Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 Guys, need some ideas on what to shoot for here....I know with 2 12's it's going to be tough as hell to move enough air I have ? ?ouple Adire Brahmas laying around that a buddy of mine wants to pick up and stick into his compact. The only objective here is to be able to pull off a hairtrick. It's a small 3-door hatchback with a pretty good amount of cargo room and the back window has a nice slant to it - pretty much like a CRX overall (slightly more family oriented though, so the roof-line is higher)...so that should help the cause LOL Now, what box will work better? subs up - port back? Subs back-port back? go as large as we can on the box, I'm thinking 3 cubes per sub and low tunning, right? How much port area? alot? or in the low side to keep the velocity up? the subs have pretty low Fs -26hz and great excursion - both of which should help not much power initially - 1200-1500watts for both subs....maybe going up to 2k later, pretty much the limit for those subs (they are the mkIV's rated at 600rms) PS I can pay for a design, if someone wants to do one (I'll try to add the max OD's fir the box in a bit)...but this is also for discusstion as I want to make sure I have my concepts of what it takes to do a hairtrick right. 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - Deep Orange Build log - Blowthrought with 4 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122600-4-18s-in-a-dodge-ram-team-sundown-russia/ Sundown Audio SAX125.2 - Sundown PA 10" Shok-wiring & RCA's XS Power D6500 Mechman 320A Sundown Audio Russia http://sundownaudio....dex.php?/index http://www.drive2.ru...ram/ram/skillz/ - more about my truck http://www.youtube.com/user/Gskillz81
brewer_brewer Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 with those adire brahmas and 1500 rms between the 2, i would say no. you could move some air and it might possibly move some hair if the wind blows right that day but you for sure won't be able to do all out hair tricks. but if you had the mk1 or mk2 and 1500 rms a piece then yea maybe. REFS http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=2026 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/44535-official-brewer-brewer-feedback/page__p__625998__hl__brewer__fromsearch__1entry625998 "you're not allowing natural selection to work, you're like the guy that invented the seatbelt"
G_skillz81 Posted July 28, 2009 Author Report Posted July 28, 2009 well that's fer sure...totally agree with you. I know I could do it with a couple of 15's... but I got these 12" Brahmas... and a need to take them to the max in the given conditions... I'm thinking they could take up to a 1000 clean watts each for short stints, so would feeding them more power be that beneficial? What can I do with the box/tunning to make it optimal to even attempt a hairtrick? Switch the subs to a couple of Sundown SA-12's?? those look like they can take 2k+ for the pair 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - Deep Orange Build log - Blowthrought with 4 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122600-4-18s-in-a-dodge-ram-team-sundown-russia/ Sundown Audio SAX125.2 - Sundown PA 10" Shok-wiring & RCA's XS Power D6500 Mechman 320A Sundown Audio Russia http://sundownaudio....dex.php?/index http://www.drive2.ru...ram/ram/skillz/ - more about my truck http://www.youtube.com/user/Gskillz81
G_skillz81 Posted July 28, 2009 Author Report Posted July 28, 2009 well that's fer sure...totally agree with you. I know I could do it with a couple of 15's... but I got these 12" Brahmas... and a need to take them to the max in the given conditions... I'm thinking they could take up to a 1000 clean watts each for short stints, so would feeding them more power be that beneficial? What can I do with the box/tunning to make it optimal to even attempt a hairtrick? Switch the subs to a couple of Sundown SA-12's?? those look like they can take 2k+ for the pair 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - Deep Orange Build log - Blowthrought with 4 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122600-4-18s-in-a-dodge-ram-team-sundown-russia/ Sundown Audio SAX125.2 - Sundown PA 10" Shok-wiring & RCA's XS Power D6500 Mechman 320A Sundown Audio Russia http://sundownaudio....dex.php?/index http://www.drive2.ru...ram/ram/skillz/ - more about my truck http://www.youtube.com/user/Gskillz81
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.