Optima vs Capacitor?

No the battery wont kill your alternator. What can kill you alternator is having it run at full capacity at all times trying to keep up with the amperage draw from all the electrical in the truck. More amp rating in a battery is more power it can provide for its Ah(Amp hour) rating. Ah rating is how much power it takes to drain the battery in one hour. So a 75 amp load on the batt will kill it in one hour(without the alt charging it that is).

Your truck calls for 600 amps in stock form. You now have a much higher load than stock on your electrical system now.

alright so you wouldnt recommend the yellow tops, I guess it comes with a 3 year warranty, and 164 is a pretty good deal but a kinetic or a xs will be much better?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

if this is for daily i would get a battery instead of a batcap.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I actually have a yellow top myself(see my sig). I will be changing my system around soon and my electrical will be upgraded as well. I'll probably leave the yellow top cause I got it about 2 months ago. I will be getting a HO alt and 1 maybe two more batteries. So, yes the yellow top will help, but a bigger battery will help more. What size power wire do you have. Did you do Big 3? Where are you measuring this voltage drop?

I actually have a yellow top myself(see my sig). I will be changing my system around soon and my electrical will be upgraded as well. I'll probably leave the yellow top cause I got it about 2 months ago. I will be getting a HO alt and 1 maybe two more batteries. So, yes the yellow top will help, but a bigger battery will help more. What size power wire do you have. Did you do Big 3? Where are you measuring this voltage drop?

No i havent done anything. No big 3, 4 gauge wiring and whatever alternator is stock for my truck 06 silverado extended cab with the 5.3 L engine. and Im basing my voltage drop off the gauge on my dash

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

No i havent done anything. No big 3, 4 gauge wiring and whatever alternator is stock for my truck 06 silverado extended cab with the 5.3 L engine. and Im basing my voltage drop off the gauge on my dash

Im probably doin alot of stuff wrong but its just because i dont know any better. I do all my work myself because in my opinion best buy work just isnt worth the money and the people at the best buys (the ones around me anyways) barely know more than I do. They couldnt answer most of my questions. And there are no good shops around here within an hour from me.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Best way to test voltage is with a voltmeter at your battery and your amp. For the power you are running I'd say upgrade to 1/0 awg wire and do big 3 in the same size. That right there should help a decent amount. I'd do that first and see how much it helps, besides a bigger battery probably wouldn't help much without it.

Best way to test voltage is with a voltmeter at your battery and your amp. For the power you are running I'd say upgrade to 1/0 awg wire and do big 3 in the same size. That right there should help a decent amount. I'd do that first and see how much it helps, besides a bigger battery probably wouldn't help much without it.

How easy is it to do the big 3? I dont know if i could do that i feel like i would screw something up

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

if this is for daily i would get a battery instead of a batcap.

Yea its just a daily driver i just want it to be a LOUD daily driver

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

How easy is it to do the big 3? I dont know if i could do that i feel like i would screw something up

You said you installed your setup yourself right? You can do it, not any more difficult than that. The hardest part for me is getting the wire routed just where I want it. A little case of OCD kicks in. haha. There is a thread stickied here in the forum on how to do it.

Archived