Sonic Electronix

What do you mean by basshancers?

The T2000.1BD has a varaible Punch bass already and should be all the bass enhansment you need.

Alot of people are going to argue with me for telling you to use a 0 db recording but now since I know you are useing a RF T2000BD I really recommend useing a 0 db test tone to set it up with.

Music will never put out the same amount of voltage that a test tone will but RF amps actually boost bass and doing it my way will allow you to have more usability with the Punch bass with out running into clipping rite away.(beable to turn it up more and emphasize the frequencies you like more with out causeing damage) but be careful because you can still over do it with the Punch Bass. Hell you might not even blow the sub but you can rip the spiders out of them by accident but there are a few factors that can cause that.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

yea im getting the ideas in my head now. i just want to clear somethings up. and you guy are clearing it up.. thanks so much.

also one more question where i can i download or buy a tune cd ?

thanks

-Chriz

I am a loyal user of the DB DRAG competition disc.

You can get it here.

http://www.termpro.com/storefront/index.asp?Page=13

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I'm going out on a limb here but since the T2000bd has a variable bass boost that is not fixed at one frequency I say go ahead and unplug the Punch Bass knob when you set your gains.

The T2000bd should not have a defeatable crossover so the best you can do is turn the crossover all the way up as high as it will go and make sure that the subsonic/infrasonic filter is turned off and you should be ready to set your gains.

After your gains are set unhook the O-Scope and DO NOT TOUCH THE GAIN AGAIN.

Now you can play with your crossovers, subsonic filter(if your useing a ported sub box) and hook your Punch Bass knob back up.

and DO NOT TOUCH THE GAIN NO MATTER WHAT.

Good luck.

Terryswork001.png

Hey heres a thread were I posted how to set gains on an amplifier with pics too and maybe it will help some.

It starts on page 4 and scroll down to post #68.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...st&p=608155

I used a 2003 RF 1501BD as my test supject.

I hope this help some more.

Terryswork001.png

this is why i love Audioque amps and any others that have built in clip lights.

anytime you change something around you know when it clips without having to pull out the o-scope.

what i mean by basshancers. like an AudioControl Epicenter.

the reason is because i am going to be tune my friends systems and well as mine. and they do listen to mexican music. and they cant afford a big amp like mine. but then again they want the best out of the amp they have.

and yes im start to get what you are saying. just sound kinda hard at first but once i find out how to do it.. sound like a piece cake.

and want to thank you very much for your input. IT glady appreciate

-Chriz

I forgot some very important info for the OP about dash mount amplifier controllers and PM these details.

I don't have much time to answer abunch of questions tonight but I left out a real important detail about setting your gains with a bass knob.

Someone correct me about amplifier companies if I'm wrong about RF being the only company useing a dash mounted bass boost instead of a gain control knob.

Of coarse RF uses a bass boost circuit in their dash mounted knobs and that is why I told you to set your gains with it turned all the way down and use the 0db test tone recording and that gives you the ability to use the dash mounted bass boost and have a clean amount of bass boost before clipping.

95% of all the other companies use what are called dash mounted bass knobs or dash mounted line level controls in their amps. The difference is a dash mounted line level controller does not boost bass instead they turn your whole spetrum of bass down that the amp is playing.

In this case when you set up your gains with an amplifier that has a line level control, you want to plug in the dash mounted controller and turn it all the way up then set your gains.

Why? because the line level control on those amps are actually at 0db turned all the way up(this is equall to not even haveing the controller hooked up to the amp at all) and as you turn it down it goes into the negatives which gives you less overall bass.

The instruction manuals should tell you what you have (like I said I think only RF uses a bass boost).

Examples:

Here are the specs on acouple of amplifier companies.

1st - Rockford Fosgate T20001bd (since you have one) says in their manual:

Remote Bass – The Para-Punch Remote Bass connection is made with a RJ-45 cable and can be installed

in a variety of ways for easy control access. One control is used to boost low frequency information to

overcome road noise and put the bass in your face.This Bass control is a narrow band adjustment

variable from 0dB to +18dB with a Gyrator based Punch EQ that eliminates frequency shift with boost.

The other control is used for adjusting center frequency variable from 35Hz to 70Hz.

This is under the specifications section of the manual:

Equalization (Variable Punch Bass) Variable from 0dB to +18dB @ variable 35 to 70Hz

Look at the bold print and it says 0db to +18db - that means that control turns bass up.

Same goes for my older RF bd amps that only boost one frequency.

The 2003 BD amps specifications page says: Equalization (45Hz Punch Bass) Variable from 0dB to +18dB @ 45Hz

Now lets look at the Kicker amps and I have to use their old explanation as they don't really explain what it does as well in the new manuals.

The Kicker RGX Module explanation and what most amplifier companies use in their bass knob designs.

The manual for the RGX module (Remote Gain Crossover Module) says:

RGX (Active Remote Gain Crossover Module)

Control amplifier gain from your dash for balancing amplifier output

Controller range - Fully clockwise: +0dB; fully counter-clockwise: -26dB

This is the same for all Kicker amplifiers and as you can see instead of boosting bass, it lessons the amount of bass the amp puts out.

That is why when you use a line level control you set your gains with it turned all the way up.

I'll give you a tip: When setting a line level control bass knob and useing a 0db record to set your gains with an O-scope I suggest turnning it 2/3rds to 3/4 the way up instead of all the way up so you can still boost the bass some for those songs that just don't have much bass but when you go to listen to rap make sure the control is turned back to wherever it was when you set your gains as rap usually has the bass emphisized already and will clip your amp hard and may harm or blow your subs.

The explanation I used from Kicker applies to most amps out there except Rockford Fosgate and maybe some company that I have never heard of.

I hope this helps clarify some things about dash mounted devices and setting your gains.

Terryswork001.png

Archived