Second Skin Audio

Bandpass Advice

A buddy and I have been tossing around the Idea of doing a 4th order Bandpass. will anyone share any advice on how to build a good one.

not sure which subs we are going to use...might be some eclipse at first.

I did find some equations to calculate the different volumes (dunno how well it will be)

if there are any threads on this forum just link me to it. I couldnt find any.

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

i personally do not like bandpass. and i would never recommend them to anyone for a daily setup.

^^^^tru.

but if you are just learning about them and want to try them out, don't expect much from the first attempt.

they are kinda picky and if you don't get it right they will let you know.

but to the OP, read up on them as much as you can. and hopefully some more people will post that have alot of experience with them will help you out.

Edited by brewer_brewer

I know it will be a challenge, it is just something we want to do. we started with some simple sealed boxes..easy as cake, then did a few slot ported, worked out wonderful, we built, I guess a labrynth port, sounded great, we built a few kerfed boxes, hit a 143.6 at 43 Hz with 2 10" on the Tl at the dash with that one, we are now flaring our own aero ports with PVC (got a lot of work on the molds to get the flares right still, but they work great) after seeing some of our builds a few people told us to give the 4th Order bandpass a try.

it is something new to us, and seems like it could be fun, lots of Mt. Dew, but fun. We just wanted to try to figure out the sealed area volume, ported area volume, and port length, before we even got started.

I did find a website that has some equations for them.... http://diyaudiocorner.tripod.com/formula.htm

Also I am sure that if we have any major concerns that Step or Jim with Pure Pressure Audio here in gainesville, might lend some advice but we have been "bugging" them a bit lately so we wanted to try to give it a go with out bothering them.

Edited by shainemcconnell

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

I suggest you read up first

(If you don't want to go through bandpass hell that is)

Clicky

;)

ha ha ha...what do ya know..I have already been to the first 5 hits on that....Thanks man:)

Team Pure Pressure

hit up the12volt.com

that may help you out.

but yeah fourth order bandpass systems are fairly nice if built well.

i suggest reading up. making normal boxes sucks ass. but a bandpass will make you not even want subs if you dont know how to do them.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

hit up the12volt.com

that may help you out.

but yeah fourth order bandpass systems are fairly nice if built well.

i suggest reading up. making normal boxes sucks ass. but a bandpass will make you not even want subs if you dont know how to do them.

Yeah, we dont expect for the first one to be a Great success....but that Kerfed port only lasted a day, if even. didnt get the wanted result 143 at 43Hz is great....but we needed something higher than a 143....so the box hit the trash and we built a box with 2 4 inch aero ports and hit almost a 145. so we took a week off (well somewhat) and are almost ready to try to get things ready for a bandpass attempt.

Team Pure Pressure