1992Chevy K1500 Posted August 2, 2009 Report Posted August 2, 2009 My first question is what frequency should I tune my port to? I have honestly no idea. Second, should I go with a round port, or slot, or what? Third, does anyone know a good port calculator? I found this one ( http://www.psp-inc.com/psp-inc.com/cgi-bin..._calculator.cgi ) but it's only for round ports. If I go with a square or rectangular port, it won't help me at all. My comp setup (Not bad for what it is): HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with: 15.4" widescreen AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor 2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz) Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD 128MB shared video memory Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours) What it does: On a USB 2.0 Wireless card
iTech Posted August 2, 2009 Report Posted August 2, 2009 Go here 12 Volt You'll find all kinds of calculators. My Official Feedback Thread PSN - tech2332 Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!
Zade08 Posted August 2, 2009 Report Posted August 2, 2009 I like the re port calculator myself. Done 2 boxes from it so far and they both sound great. Its also pretty stupid proof. lol. Just google for it. I like slot ports. There easier for me to build (less router work) and they seem to get louder from what Iv experienced. Although some guys will tell you that aero ports sound better but every ones ear is different. Tuning frequency depends on the size of the sub and the brand also. I would say some where between 32-38hz is adequate. Hope this helps. Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592 All out for a rebuild. New shit coming in the next 30 days.
1992Chevy K1500 Posted August 2, 2009 Author Report Posted August 2, 2009 Thanks for the help. I reckon I'm gonna go with a slot port tuned to 36 Hz. My comp setup (Not bad for what it is): HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with: 15.4" widescreen AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor 2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz) Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD 128MB shared video memory Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours) What it does: On a USB 2.0 Wireless card
Cantrell2500HD Posted August 16, 2009 Report Posted August 16, 2009 I couldn't ever figure out that PSP port calculator, I mean it says I need a 2.25 straight length port required, is that ft or inches or what?! I'd stay away from that one... 03' Reg Cab 2500HD Alpine 9807 H/U Infinity Ref 6.5" Front Speakers Pioneer 4"x6" Rear Speakers Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp PPI 5 Channel Amp Kicker 05' S12L5's <~ thats plural baby
Guest Posted August 16, 2009 Report Posted August 16, 2009 its in inches. psp-inc calculator is great.
Cantrell2500HD Posted August 16, 2009 Report Posted August 16, 2009 its in inches. psp-inc calculator is great. So what your sayin is... a box with 3.5 cubic feet, 35hz, port diameter of 3", with 1 port needs a port length of 2.25inches? 03' Reg Cab 2500HD Alpine 9807 H/U Infinity Ref 6.5" Front Speakers Pioneer 4"x6" Rear Speakers Quantum Audio 1100.1 Amp PPI 5 Channel Amp Kicker 05' S12L5's <~ thats plural baby
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.