Sonic Electronix

you answered your own question, subs in the back seat, amp in the trunk

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Sell it and buy something else -it won't sound really loud on a limited budget in a convertible.

I had a 2002 mustang convertilbe with two T1 12's and a T10001 and it wasn't very loud with the top up or down- nothing beats a good soild roof when you want lot's of bass.

Edited by lowblueranger

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

Sell it and buy something else -it won't sound really loud on a limited budget in a convertible.

I had a 2002 mustang convertilbe with two T1 12's and a T10001 and it wasn't very loud with the top up or down- nothing beats a good soild roof when you want lot's of bass.

I believe that would be the fault of the installation, I have done a pair of JL Audio 8w3's in a convertible and it pounded, top up or down, actually to think about it I did a lot of convertibles and many of them were crazy loud...

I know the same set-up in my mariner was way louder. I'm sure it wasn't the fault of the installation.

Edited by lowblueranger

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

It all comes down to application and design... Sure you are not going to set any SPL world records in a convertible, but at the same time you can get a convertible to hammer just as good as the vehicles with a trunk. Mariner is an SUV, it should be louder with little effort, it is physics.

Machowhitetiger, build a down firing enclosure loaded off the floor/or make your own loading, making sure you take into considerations the specs of the woofer

now I disagree about it hitting as hard as out the trunk, but... many years ago I had 2 10" bazookas and a alphasonik amp, it seemed loud but that was many years ago. I know it probably would not break 130 db on a termlab! A pair of 10's in a custom box should be possible. May as well take the rear seat out it's worthless anyways....

any ideas on name brands that hit hard but are not expensive?

I have only been doing Hertz Mille woofers, and $700 a pop, I am sure it rules me out :)