Sundown Audio

Old Skool Fosgate 1500.1bd cutting out

donellk

Well you have a great amp for starters. LOL I have 6 of them 5 of them work.

Man the biggest issue is understanding how electricity works and why it has the potential to be dangerous.

RF recommends 4 gauge wire for that amp but facts are facts. the longer the wire the less voltage it is capable of transfering without side affects (less voltage= more current=more resistence=heat then fire) and things like amplifiers are going to tell that wire what it wants and unfortunetly that wire is going to try and give it to the amplifier whether it can do it or not and thats when side affects like heat and fire occur. That is also why you need a fuse at the front of the wire(at the battery) and at the end of it (the amp).

Your grounds need checked real bad though because you said you where haveing the same problem with a 4 ohm load and you shouldn't have had any issues running at 4 ohm.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Well you have a great amp for starters. LOL I have 6 of them 5 of them work.

Man the biggest issue is understanding how electricity works and why it has the potential to be dangerous.

RF recommends 4 gauge wire for that amp but facts are facts. the longer the wire the less voltage it is capable of transfering without side affects (less voltage= more current=more resistence=heat then fire) and things like amplifiers are going to tell that wire what it wants and unfortunetly that wire is going to try and give it to the amplifier whether it can do it or not and thats when side affects like heat and fire occur. That is also why you need a fuse at the front of the wire(at the battery) and at the end of it (the amp).

Your grounds need checked real bad though because you said you where haveing the same problem with a 4 ohm load and you shouldn't have had any issues running at 4 ohm.

I went To Dedicated Custom Auto Today And Got A Price For Them To Do Evey thing, They Want $700 With Bat. So Imma Have Them Redo Everything! Wasn't Looking To Spend That Much Money, but got to do it =D! En its gonna be wired just how you said to do it =D!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

XtremeAudioInnovations.com

Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321

4 linked c notched bagged

Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)

Man I'm just glad I could help.

Give me an update about a week after everything is done.

One last thing is that those amps have the potential to over heat and go into thermal protection possibly a little easyer than most amps.

If that happens just stick a little fan on it and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Man I'm just glad I could help.

Give me an update about a week after everything is done.

One last thing is that those amps have the potential to over heat and go into thermal protection possibly a little easyer than most amps.

If that happens just stick a little fan on it and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

Yah I Will! And I Just Went And Took My Seats Out To Check The Ground! The Guy I Had Do The Original Wiring Didnt Sand The Paint Off And Just Put To Black Coated Screws To Hold It Down! Im Kinda Woundering WTF I Pay So Much For!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

XtremeAudioInnovations.com

Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321

4 linked c notched bagged

Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)