Introducing my new website.... mypsychoex.net

Good work, I've been doing programming/coding etc for quite a while for fun, just now going to school to get a degree.

Great job- I hope it works for you. Constructive criticism (hope it helps): the filter gave me a completely blank page. I went to mental disorders, then filter by all categories/highest rated/all time. Might be nice to have a link to view all stories at once. Not trying to bust balls just give my hand in working out the bugs :)

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Guest DC Power Kyle
Good work, I've been doing programming/coding etc for quite a while for fun, just now going to school to get a degree.

Great job- I hope it works for you. Constructive criticism (hope it helps): the filter gave me a completely blank page. I went to mental disorders, then filter by all categories/highest rated/all time. Might be nice to have a link to view all stories at once. Not trying to bust balls just give my hand in working out the bugs :)

Fixing the filter page now... thats what happens when you modify files and other things break :)

As for the category for all stories, that's been added now.

Thanks!

LOL theres some funny shit on there.

It was fun reading about some of the crazy stuff that happens.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Guest DC Power Kyle

Thanks guys! :)

As for the filter page, it's fixed now... I did all this debugging and digging and I found out that all it was missing is to output the damn rendered html page... I wonder how that got deleted :\

Best thing about programming though is that some problems are so simple that you overlook and find yourself fixing shit that doesn't need to be fixed. haha.

And start getting some stories up people! :D

Also, what does everyone think of the layout on the eyes and such?

Edited by DC Power Kyle

Thanks guys! :)

As for the filter page, it's fixed now... I did all this debugging and digging and I found out that all it was missing is to output the damn rendered html page... I wonder how that got deleted :\

Best thing about programming though is that some problems are so simple that you overlook and find yourself fixing shit that doesn't need to be fixed. haha.

And start getting some stories up people! :D

Also, what does everyone think of the layout on the eyes and such?

good to see a fellow programmer here, the fucked up thing in programming is when the error on the code is just a 1 character typo and it takes you a whole day to figure what it is.

nice concept, hope your site booms!

like tejcurrent im also taking my degree in computer science.

Guest DC Power Kyle

I haven't really taken any programming classes.... I've learned it all by myself or from help of friends... I grasp the concept better through trial and error.... and google :)

It's all programmed in PHP with CodeIgniter, MySQL, jQuery for AJAX and JS functions, and Memcached.

It has around 10,000+ lines of code I would imagine and over a 100 files I've created and modified. lol..

I haven't really taken any programming classes.... I've learned it all by myself or from help of friends... I grasp the concept better through trial and error.... and google :)

It's all programmed in PHP with CodeIgniter, MySQL, jQuery for AJAX and JS functions, and Memcached.

It has around 10,000+ lines of code I would imagine and over a 100 files I've created and modified. lol..

I learned from books at the local library about 10 years ago, but things have changed A LOT.

Used to be all html, tables, and javascript. No one liked css for some reason. I made huge sites with nested tables, now I can view the whole html side in a single notepad screen. It seems it's easiest to use a ton of DIV tags and external style sheets, with some PHP/MySQL. Everything is server side, which I guess is better in the long run. God it is so irritating to relearn everything though. :(

WYSIWYGs have come a long way too. Dream Weaver used to suck, I almost like it now.

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Guest DC Power Kyle

This is what I use for my development environment:

zend%20ss.png

And yeah, I used to do tables then I had to learn CSS and all that good stuff... I never use WYSIWYGs... I do it all by hand.. I used to use them and now I can't stand them.

I'll stick with my IDE :)

btw, did the registration work?

Edited by DC Power Kyle