DC Sound Lab

need help with box ideas for 4-lvl4 xl 18"s

I do not know which direction to go;Wall it off with clamshell,wall with diamond(all firing to center).or S.M.S(steve meade style)subs up,port back.How much air space should they have?How big should the port be?What frequency should I tune for?It's gonna be used as a daily groundpounder mostly but I want to meter decently at shows I attend about once a month.I have collected 2-200 amp alternators,100 feet of knukoncepts 1/0 power,20 feet knukoncepts ground 1/0,20 feet each 4-gauge power & ground,100 feet 8-gauge speaker wire(50 ft.red & 50 ft. black),all terminals and blocks to install,10-anl fuseholders with fuses, 4-bank 40 amp battery charger that installs in vehicle for charging overnight before a show,8-Deca intimidator agm batteries,2-mmats 3500.5 amps(2700 watts each)

2001 Southern Comfort Suburban sittin on 26"s

Eclipse 6620 double din head unit (2004 dash mod)

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

8-Cadence 6.5 midbass 4- in each door.

Image Dynamics Cd 1 pro HLCD

4-runs of KnuKoncepts 1/0 power wire

4-DC AUDIO lvl 4 xl 18"s in a wall

2-MECHMAN 270 AMP alternators(2 more on the way)xs power VCM

7-Deka intimidator group 31 batts(soon to be Xs power)

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

1-Rockford Fosgate 360.2(operated by Palm tungsten T5)My link

personally, i would say tune at about 22-25 Hx for daily...which should give nice comp...mine is tunes to 33 but the car loves 46. I would probably port off the back, a wall could be nice.

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

if you can wall it right behind the front seats i would roll like that but if keeping a row then i would roll like meades, subs up port back 22 cubes will work on 4 18s with around 350si of port =]

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

1lowsuv your setup is awesome!One question though!If you redid it would you wall it or do another subs up- port back set-up.Just curious because my funds are gettin low and the wife is gettin loud about the bank account and once its done this time thats it.

My wife does not like the wall idea,but I am the man of the house so I told her that ;I DEMAND THAT YOU LET ME DO A WALL OF SUBS!!!

just kidding

here she comes gottagobye

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

1lowsuv your setup is awesome!One question though!If you redid it would you wall it or do another subs up- port back set-up.Just curious because my funds are gettin low and the wife is gettin loud about the bank account and once its done this time thats it.

My wife does not like the wall idea,but I am the man of the house so I told her that ;I DEMAND THAT YOU LET ME DO A WALL OF SUBS!!!

just kidding

I would do subs up and port back, it can still get loud and more convenient in my opinion. What part of Alabama are you from?

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

I would do subs up and port back, it can still get loud and more convenient in my opinion. What part of Alabama are you from?

I am from montgomery al.Thanks for the advice!Subs up port back is the way to go THANKS AGAIN!

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

just kidding

Sorry...only a week later....My system now is the last I will ever do in this Ride...Personally I would never wall my Burban (Don't need too) you have so much room with the 3rd seat removed and I can still see out my back windowS. :8)