Sundown Audio

Hard to thermal RF Power amps?

hdrox88

I am looking to be putting my amps under my box and had a question. How fast do the new RF Power series amps heat up vs the old Power series amps? I currently have a T400-4, T500-1BD, and T1500-1BD all new style. I was contemplating selling them and getting a T8004 and a T20001BD old style as it might make my install a tad easier. Again, they will most likely be going under a false floor under my box, so would either be ok to stack on each other? Leaving a small gap of maybe 1/2".

Edited by hdrox88

cant expect a reply in 15 minutes.. especially at 2 in the am.. but i wouldnt recommened running them so close, lots of heat in small space, others might give you better info on that

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

cant expect a reply in 15 minutes.. especially at 2 in the am.. but i wouldnt recommened running them so close, lots of heat in small space, others might give you better info on that

I had another thread not to much earlier that got some decent response right away. I guess I was a little anxious though. I am stuck with the decision of either mounting the amps under the box or on it.

hmm neither sound good, but if your doing a false floor, you coud run some 12v fans, one side blow air out, one side pull it in.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

hmm neither sound good, but if your doing a false floor, you coud run some 12v fans, one side blow air out, one side pull it in.

Yeah, thats a good idea. That is kinda why I thought about the older power amps with the cooling fans. I am not sure how much they do though so that is why I am asking.

Yeah, thats a good idea. That is kinda why I thought about the older power amps with the cooling fans. I am not sure how much they do though so that is why I am asking.

I have used both of them extensively and I think that the newer ones have excellent cooling on them. All of the heat goes to the outside of the amp because that is the way that they are designed. However, I think the 2004-06 power series look better.

ROCKFORD FOSGATE POWER SERIES FANATIC.

2002 Toyota-4 Runner, Alpine 9886, Audiocontrol 3.1

RF T400-4 (mids and highs), RF T1500-1BD @ 2 ohms (bass) on 2 RF 10 inch T1's

1990 300zx Alpine 9886,Alpine GG 180

RF T400-4 (mids and highs) and RF T500-1BD @ 2 ohms (bass) on a 10 inch Crossfire BMF

I have used both of them extensively and I think that the newer ones have excellent cooling on them. All of the heat goes to the outside of the amp because that is the way that they are designed. However, I think the 2004-06 power series look better.

How cool do they run in small spaces? I've got three amps that would have to go under my box along with a battery or two so I would have to stack two of them to get it all under there. Otherwise they will have to be mounted to the box.

How cool do they run in small spaces? I've got three amps that would have to go under my box along with a battery or two so I would have to stack two of them to get it all under there. Otherwise they will have to be mounted to the box.

So far in 90 degree weather they never overheat and I have mine's mounted under the seat. If you can avoid mounting them on the box that would be good. Excellent amps.

So far in 90 degree weather they never overheat and I have mine's mounted under the seat. If you can avoid mounting them on the box that would be good. Excellent amps.

I live in Phoenix, AZ so it gets much hotter then that here. I will play around with different arrangements to see if I can get them all under there. I might have to stack two of them though. Will they get too hot that way?