New HU decision. Anything better for the money?

are you deadset on a pioneer?

you could get a lower end Alpine like the one I have (CDA-9884) and get the Imprint module for time correction, EQ's, and crossovers for around the same.

you might pay just a little more but everything will be new. and you also get the iPod interface

I'm not deadset on pioneer, I just like their usability. I like the fact that I can get all you just listed in one HU. Does Alpine have something similar? I am not at all familiar with Alpine.

the imprint module I am talking about you plug it in set all your stuff and then unplug it and your Alpine headunit is good to go.

from what I am presuming you want that in one headunit and not deal with all the hookups and everything else so I'm looking at the Alpine stuff.

on mine which was around $150 brand new I can control the high pass filter and what frequency the highs should be focused on with an adjustable bandwidth and same with the bass.

I am going to get the Alpine RUX-701 soon so I can have complete control.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

the imprint module I am talking about you plug it in set all your stuff and then unplug it and your Alpine headunit is good to go.

from what I am presuming you want that in one headunit and not deal with all the hookups and everything else so I'm looking at the Alpine stuff.

on mine which was around $150 brand new I can control the high pass filter and what frequency the highs should be focused on with an adjustable bandwidth and same with the bass.

I am going to get the Alpine RUX-701 soon so I can have complete control.

I like the 3-way crossover in the Pioneer as well. RUX-701? That would basically be built into the Pioneer right? Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking your setup or anything, I just like the fact that the Pioneer has it all in one component.

I dont think I fully understand the capability of this imprint module.

take a look at the kenwood kdc-x692 head unit i have it its great lots of featuers bluetooth um u can change the backround pictuers( moving pics or still pics) u can program phone numbers into with the accesories um its got a usb cord built in lots of featuers u can mess with its got front rear an subwoofer out puts it plays mp3 an burnt cds just a whole bunch of stuff an its not the that bad priced either

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

optima red top under the hood ( kinetik battery or powermaster in the back )

Iraggi 260amp H/O alternator

1 set of knu kandy 1/0 guage wiring kit ( 2 more sets coming )

front speakers -

back speakers -

2 12" lv 4's with lvl 5 softparts ( going to be 4 in near future)

Sundown 3500d( going to be 2 sometime )

i have boughten from - Bass14(smd), ddbump(caraudioclassifieds)

take a look at the kenwood kdc-x692 head unit i have it its great lots of featuers bluetooth um u can change the backround pictuers( moving pics or still pics) u can program phone numbers into with the accesories um its got a usb cord built in lots of featuers u can mess with its got front rear an subwoofer out puts it plays mp3 an burnt cds just a whole bunch of stuff an its not the that bad priced either

Thanks for the recommendation but that HU is discontinued and doesn't have some of the features I want like 3-way crossover and time alignment adjustment.

oh ok well i seen them on ebay for like 140 an on some websites but just keep it in mind if u dont find what ur looking for

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

front speakers -

back speakers -

oh ok well i seen them on ebay for like 140 an on some websites but just keep it in mind if u dont find what ur looking for

That's a good price. I found what I was looking for though. It is in the first post. I was just curious if anyone knew of something similar for a better price.

oh ok well it cant hurt to try huh espcially with the hu i threw out there it has a lot of goodies but not every cd player can have all the featuers right

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

front speakers -

back speakers -

oh ok well it cant hurt to try huh espcially with the hu i threw out there it has a lot of goodies but not every cd player can have all the featuers right

Oh, of course. I'm not bashing you or your HU at all. It just doesn't have what I am looking for, that's all. Kinda like some people may not like the choice I made cause it doesn't play DVDs or something. Everyone wants something different.