New HU decision. Anything better for the money?

Let us know what exactly you want and we can help you a lot easier.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

Let us know what exactly you want and we can help you a lot easier.

I dont care about dvd or nav in my HU. I like the 5v preout, EQ, and pretty much all features this Pioneer has. It seems to have all I want and nothing I dont. Just wondering if there is something close for the price. I can get one for about $300.

I like to be able to adjust lots of stuff from the HU and this one has it.

Edited by hdrox88

i have the pioneer DEH-p7800mp same thing as the 980-bt just that the 7800mp dosent have BT.From my experience is that i LOVE it dude 16 band EQ ranging from 20hz to like 20,000 hz,and able to set up your time alignimet on the speakers and it has built in crossovers for your car speakers.great unit IMO

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i have the pioneer DEH-p7800mp same thing as the 980-bt just that the 7800mp dosent have BT.From my experience is that i LOVE it dude 16 band EQ ranging from 20hz to like 20,000 hz,and able to set up your time alignimet on the speakers and it has built in crossovers for your car speakers.great unit IMO

Thanks for the input. Sounds like what I am looking for. But that is a discontinued receiver. I'll have to do a little more searching to try and find one for sale.

yeah it is but you could always find one used on ebay thats how i got mine

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

yeah you win some and you lose some i guess,id look in to that 980bt but the thing is even on ebay theyll run you like 300 to 400 bucks

are you deadset on a pioneer?

you could get a lower end Alpine like the one I have (CDA-9884) and get the Imprint module for time correction, EQ's, and crossovers for around the same.

you might pay just a little more but everything will be new. and you also get the iPod interface

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple