Sundown Audio

Whats A Good Amp For Me?

I do not reccomend Power Acoustik for their amplifiers mainly because they put out poor sound quality and suck tooo much juice.. well mine did anyways. I had a Poweracoustik LT980 and it performed like a Sony Xplod 450 and sucked power like a Hifonics Goliath.... Not only did NOT it put out its stated power and suck alot of juice but it never hit below 40 hz. Even with the Sub Sonic Filter down and the LPF setting down it sucked...

This is because that series of amps were known to have been problematic and not perform very well at all. They were not efficient by any means/sucked power. Here is a inside shot of your LT980:

inside1.jpg

This amp draws 100amps of current and puts out 560watts RMS total.

Compare it to a newer Power Acoustik PA3000DB:

inside3.jpg

This amp draws 160amps of current and puts out a little below it's rated RMS of 2300watts and is 1ohm stable. It is also well known in the car audio world for being cheap, yet reliable power and perform great. Every company has different levels of quality & have had their good and bad models. Hope this could clarify things a little more.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

the guy that has the P10002 in the for sale section has a RF power 1000.1bd for sale, or he did a couple weeks ago you might be able to pm him and see how much he wants for it.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=5163

here is his for sale topic, he had a 1000.1bd. But i am not sure how much he wanted for it. I also believe he had some HX2's for sale, if your looking for some bad ass subs those would get the job done.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Can we get a link cuz thats a hellava deal.

x2 on the PA.

not really; that price has been around for many months, perhaps at least a year. the forum discount will bring it down to $315 shipped. but you would probably have to call or email them.

I do not reccomend Power Acoustik for their amplifiers mainly because they put out poor sound quality and suck tooo much juice.. well mine did anyways. I had a Poweracoustik LT980 and it performed like a Sony Xplod 450 and sucked power like a Hifonics Goliath.... Not only did NOT it put out its stated power and suck alot of juice but it never hit below 40 hz. Even with the Sub Sonic Filter down and the LPF setting down it sucked...

i do not reccomend the lt980/2 as well. they are mediocre at best. i somehow talked myself into buying two and they were fine for a few weeks but then for some reason channels start getting blown and giving out clipped channels. one other thing that surprised me the most is that amp uses only (3) 25amp fuses, not 4. i dont know why they have that 4th fuse there but it's not connected to the board. maybe it's a spare, maybe it's marketing. makes you think twice before buying that line of power acoustik.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper