k3n12ock Posted August 10, 2009 Report Posted August 10, 2009 Just wondering how I would test to seem the ohms on a sub if I wanted to buy one to be sure it's working. Not sure what I'm talking about here but here's a pic I borrowed from st.ides. That's basically what I'm trying to do. If someone can tell me if it's a DMM and if it is, what setting it should be on. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
fritosaregood Posted August 10, 2009 Report Posted August 10, 2009 Just wondering how I would test to seem the ohms on a sub if I wanted to buy one to be sure it's working. Not sure what I'm talking about here but here's a pic I borrowed from st.ides. That's basically what I'm trying to do. If someone can tell me if it's a DMM and if it is, what setting it should be on. it is a dmm, you just put it on the lowest resistance setting. i think 200ohms is the lowest. but your dmm may be off dependin on how expensive it is. so before you check the sub, just touch the two leads together and subtract that resistance (usually .1 to .4 ohms,) from the reading you get from your sub. seller feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61719 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=68281 build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=44800 Gf's build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/54346-kickergirls-camaro-new-box-pg-5/#entry753970
optical Posted August 10, 2009 Report Posted August 10, 2009 i too need help with this just bought a dmm and have it on 200 ohm i touch them together and it gives me a readout of .2-.5 depending on its mood i guess lol so then i stick it into the sub holes and whatever i get then minus .5 correct?
LordArcane Posted August 10, 2009 Report Posted August 10, 2009 yup - .2-.5 touch the tips together just befor you test the speaker then - that and that should be right on or damn close to the ohms of that coil
k3n12ock Posted August 10, 2009 Author Report Posted August 10, 2009 Thanks. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.