LilTeddyP Posted August 11, 2009 Report Posted August 11, 2009 Ok, so I called Pioneer to check and see what they recommended for a square port and they told me 1.65 ft^3 per sub 7in^2 of port per sub 6" deep. Which seems SUPER tiny, but when my boy (97SSBlazer) had 4 TS-W306DVC's in his blazer with the same specs, shit was loud. So I got the box all built, and I am NOT IMPRESSED. So what do you guys think for port, I don't want to rebuild the whole box, preferably just the front where the port is. The link is to my facebook photo album where pics of the box are. I am trying to locate my piece of paper with the dimensions written on it to throw that in here for you guys to play with too. LMK what you guys think cause from hearing his 4 to my 6, granted he was in a blazer and im in a tahoe, my first thought is WTF, I mean its loud, but pretty much only on a little range of notes. For some background He was running 4 to the same specs on an old school rockford bd1500.1 (sharkfin) at 2 ohms, pretty much giving the subs all the amp had. I am running 6 on a t4000.1bd. The subs are single 4's i have sets of 2 up to 8ohms then the three pairs wired down to 2.6 and the amp can only be turned up about 1/4 to 3/8 with no knob hooked up before sounding like they are going to die. LMK what you guys think about my situation, I am trying to build this up to sell it and get a single BTL 18" to start with, until I can work my way in to 2. Another option is if I can get this built and sounding right, then it will go in his blazer on his "new" old school rockford bd1500.1 (sharkfin) until he can get a new amp, unless it is plenty loud enough on that. Thanks for the help Ted http://www.facebook....83&l=ed6868131c Here are my ramblings for the box. Sorry if they don't make sense to you or if it is hard to follow, but its what I got. I might have to rebuild the whole thing because I don't know how well it is going to some apart, it glued, screwed AND siliconed. I also have the T/S and the Man for the subs if you want them, just post your e-mail add and I will send them, i dont see an attach button on this forum. Thanks again for the help 1.65 ft^3 * 6 = 9.9ft^3 6 x Pioneer Ts-W305C's Box .75" MDF Ext. 21H x 38W x 26.5D = 10.297ft^3 ____________________________________________ Port 7in^2 9" deep = 32Hz 7h*6w*9d 8.5*7.5*9 = 573.74 = .33 ft^3 ____________________________________________ Bracing 1.5*1.5*19.5 (3) 43.879*3 = 131.625 = .076 ft^3 1.5*1.5*19.5 (3) 46.25*3 = 168.75 = .097ft^3 .173ft^3 (Bracing) + .33ft^3 (Port) = .503 .503 + 9.9 = 10.403 -10.297 = .106 Too Small 2001 Bravada (2wd) Pewter on 24's JVC KW-AV60BT 10 Alpine Type-S 6.5s 2 PSI/BTL 18's @ 32Hz 2 Rockford Fosgate T25001-bd's @ 1-ohm each Rockford Fosgate T1000-4 Rockford Fosgate T400-4 Rockford 3Sixty.2 Yellow top up front, 2 9a31s in the back LOTS of AT 1/0 Python 991 350 Amp Singer Alt "Build Log" My Facebook My YouTube i didnt see the video or read anything but...cool story and the reason your being a cock tonight is?
LilTeddyP Posted August 12, 2009 Author Report Posted August 12, 2009 Problem solved, for the most part. Cut the port length down, and it was a NIGHT and DAY difference. It doesnt really seem a whole lot louder (although it is) but is covers everything from lows to highs now, just not certain shit like before. I can turn my amp up now too. After I get out of work I will go through and re-tune everything. Im gonna have to find a parking lot or something to do it in because my, fiance and my boy said my bitch ass neighbors called the cops after I left to go to work. I love how I can live in a house for 20 years and all the neighbors around don't care about the bass as long as its not all the time (tuning for a few mins if fine) and its before dark (completely understandable), but when a new set of neighbors move in they think they can change the way its been. Not even have the decency to say something to me, just call the cops, which the cops hate those calls anyway, its a waste of time. So I will go have a little chat with them when I get home and see if we can come to some sort of understanding. can be closed up if noone has anything to add. 2001 Bravada (2wd) Pewter on 24's JVC KW-AV60BT 10 Alpine Type-S 6.5s 2 PSI/BTL 18's @ 32Hz 2 Rockford Fosgate T25001-bd's @ 1-ohm each Rockford Fosgate T1000-4 Rockford Fosgate T400-4 Rockford 3Sixty.2 Yellow top up front, 2 9a31s in the back LOTS of AT 1/0 Python 991 350 Amp Singer Alt "Build Log" My Facebook My YouTube i didnt see the video or read anything but...cool story and the reason your being a cock tonight is?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.