Sonic Electronix

i had planned on running either a 1500 or 2000 rms sundown amp with a dc lvl 4xl 12''

what should i do about my electrical?? i have stock battery//alt , its a 87 chevy monte carlo ss aerocoupe,

im really no good with electrical so any help would be appreciated.

You need to do the big 3 in 1/0 gauge wire, upgrade your alt, upgrade your battery, and possible put a second battery in your vehicle.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

might want to check with someone that knows alot about this but i think i heard you can run 1500-2000rms set up with very little upgrading, better battery and big 3 might be good enough for that set up but i would wait and see if someone that knows alot about it post, then again theres nothing wrong with some over kill etheir :) then you can upgrade system later if you want to

^^^ Big 3 in 1/0 and a better battery under the hood, but don't upgrade you alt unless you have too or if your planning on running 3k+ wrms

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

so.. just the big 3 and a better battery under the hood is all ill need??

what battery would you guys suggest?

I'd do the Big 3 and a better battery and see what happens with the voltage before spending money on more batts and better alts (even though more batts and better alts would help even more)

Kinetik is what alot prefer, XS Power, Powermaster, Stinger, etc... (if you get your own battery that isn't any of these brands make sure it is a deep cycle battery)

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

Archived