Wiring questions.

Ok so, I got my walmart sub hooked up. Its super ghetto rigged right now, so I need a run of wire that will fit (both my wiring kits I have arn't quite long enough for how I want it). I have never known what the difference is, if there is any...but what is the difference between speaker wire like http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.c...peaker%20Kable# and just regular power wire.

Also, I am going to hook some more of these walmart subs up to humor you guys who wanted me to do it, and it will beat. So its going to have separate amps because each sub comes with an amp on it. Would the best way to wire this be to use the run of existing RF 4 guage I have, then use a power distribution block in my trunk right before the amps?

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Ok so, I got my walmart sub hooked up. Its super ghetto rigged right now, so I need a run of wire that will fit (both my wiring kits I have arn't quite long enough for how I want it). I have never known what the difference is, if there is any...but what is the difference between speaker wire like http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.c...peaker%20Kable# and just regular power wire.

Also, I am going to hook some more of these walmart subs up to humor you guys who wanted me to do it, and it will beat. So its going to have separate amps because each sub comes with an amp on it. Would the best way to wire this be to use the run of existing RF 4 guage I have, then use a power distribution block in my trunk right before the amps?

What is the total of wattage are you talking about RMS? the general rule is 100watts 10amps. With class D circuitry you have better efficiency so that rule is different depending on efficiency of the amp. but you can use that rule as a good place to start, and know that 4guage can handle upto 800rms although people run much more of it.

Thats not what I was really asking about...

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Then care to explain this? Becuase I gave a good answer! How much total RMS are the amps? <---this matters if your only running 1 run of 4 guage!

Archived