Second Skin Audio

Help Me Build A Box

Better make sure you can actually fit that box through the trunk opening. Just because you have the room doesnt mean you have the ability....

As far as a box design, what you are looking for is a pretty complex design, and I would not reccomend it for your first build. You actually gain dB by having your woofers in a common enclosure. So, I would suggest just going with a normal slot port design to one side with your two subs on the other side...4 cubes tuned to 35Hz with around 50sq.in. of port should do just fine...make sure you roundover your port though....

If you need an actual design, shoot me a PM and ill draw something up for you...

an actual design would be very nice cloak. im posting in here b/c im not sure if you received my PM or not.

Here is what I am shooting for for my 15...I am scared it isn't going to fit though...I know it will fit width wise...30" My Depth will work..But what I am afraid of is when I go to put the box in will I be able to slid it in through the trunk hole..Also my sub has to fire through the rear deck and the port will be just like the box sits in the design..

Here is mine...

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported...mp;Fs=&CE=0

Edited by zaxfire69

Here is what I am shooting for for my 15...I am scared it isn't going to fit though...I know it will fit width wise...30" My Depth will work..But what I am afraid of is when I go to put the box in will I be able to slid it in through the trunk hole..Also my sub has to fire through the rear deck and the port will be just like the box sits in the design..

Here is mine...

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported...mp;Fs=&CE=0

thats sites pretty cool

but wat is the woffer Xmax

and

driver displacement

all the other info it ask for is self explanitory

xmax- measure of a speaker cone's maximum excursion (how far the speaker moves)

driver displacement- how much room the woofer takes up.

(correct me if i'm wrong on the displacement, but i'm sure thats it...in a nutshell.)

whats fi subs do you have?

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

xmax- measure of a speaker cone's maximum excursion (how far the speaker moves)

driver displacement- how much room the woofer takes up.

(correct me if i'm wrong on the displacement, but i'm sure thats it...in a nutshell.)

whats fi subs do you have?

i have the fi ssd 12