Jump to content

Radio wont come on


Recommended Posts

Posted

Earlier today i was so eager to install my new radio that i didnt disconnect the battery. THe wrong wies touched and i got a little spark. I disconnected my battery then installed my new radio. When i turn the key it does not come on. I reconnected my old radio and that didnt come on either. I checked my radio memory ect. fuse and it was blown so i replaced it. I checked the radio accessory fuse also but it wasnt blown. I am gettin power to my radio while it is off because the reset light is blinking but when i turn the key it does not come on at all. What could be the problem

Posted

I would start by checking the rest of the fuses to see if one of them possibly blew. Some cars I have worked on in the past oddly enough had a fuse under the hood for the radio aswell, so might want to check there aswell. Also are you grounding your HU to something metal in the dash or the stock ground? Stock grounds are usually crap, check those and let us know if it was any of that helps.

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Batt - 1 Redtop up front On 200A Excessive Amperage alt

Sub - 2 12" Kicker L7's in ~2 cuft @ 36hz each on a Xtant X1001 @ 1 ohm

Front Highs/Mids - JVC CS-FS6 and Infinity 6022i on Xtant A2002

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

1/0 wire ran thru entire car aswell as big3

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

Posted
Earlier today i was so eager to install my new radio that i didnt disconnect the battery. THe wrong wies touched and i got a little spark. I disconnected my battery then installed my new radio. When i turn the key it does not come on. I reconnected my old radio and that didnt come on either. I checked my radio memory ect. fuse and it was blown so i replaced it. I checked the radio accessory fuse also but it wasnt blown. I am gettin power to my radio while it is off because the reset light is blinking but when i turn the key it does not come on at all. What could be the problem

maybe try, reseting it? you said reset light blinking.

or double check that you are getting power when ignition on,

test deck itself at the battery. wire red and yellow both to +, and ground to -. If it works, you know there is a prob in your wiring....

try these first, and we will help as much as we can. WE CAN DO IT :clapping:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Posted

could have fried the wires.. change that.

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

Posted
maybe try, reseting it? you said reset light blinking.

or double check that you are getting power when ignition on,

test deck itself at the battery. wire red and yellow both to +, and ground to -. If it works, you know there is a prob in your wiring....

try these first, and we will help as much as we can. WE CAN DO IT :clapping:

so are you saying take the radio out and go under the hood to do this?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 974 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...