Sonic Electronix

Okay... I am running a DAT 4.125.. all four of my speakers (each door and rear deck) whine like a mofo.

They have a high pitched squealing noise.. and it gets louder with the RPM of the engine.

How would i go upon trouble shooting where the engine noise is coming from?

The battery is under my back seat so it was pretty easy to avoid power wires and RCA's crossing.. So i dont think thats it.

I do not hear any noise coming from my subwoofer..

Here is how its wired...

0gauge Positive battery -> 250a fuse -> Dist block---

4gauge -> 1.2farad cap -> sub amp

8gauge -> DAT 4125

The ground is just 0gauge connected to the floor of my trunk with a ring terminal and a bolt, with a dist block on the other end..

I have heard of grounding the RCA's but im not sure how to do that..

IDK if my ground is strong.. how can i test it?

My RCA's are American Bass wires... so they should be good

the connection of the + wire to the battery is good... and the fuse looks good.

And a Note... the drivers side speakers seem to do it more than the passenger side.. but they do all do it.

What steps can i take to fix my problem?

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

did you use a seprate ground for your 4 channel amp?

that and do you have a pioneer stereo?

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Run a small piece of wire from the outside ring of one of your RCAs at the deck and connect it to the outside metal of the deck. Make sure it doesnt touch the inside metal prong on the rca. That should eliminate engine and back ground noise picked up from the deck.

* Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-MP732

* iPod Interface: KCA-iP500

* Front Stage: Rockford Fosgate Power T1652-S

* Front Stage Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-2

* Rear Stage: Alpine SPR-13C Type-R 5-1/4"

* Amp: Rockford T10001bd

* Subs: (2) 15" Rockford P3s

* Front Battery: Optima RedTop

* Back Battery: Kinetic Hc2400

* Wiring: Rockford 1/0

* Big 3: Rockford 1/0

* Enclosure: Idyllic

both grounds.. for the 4channel and for the sub amp run to a distribution block.. and then from the dist block to a ground with 0g wire. So its the same ground.

And it is not a pioneer, its an Alpine CDA-9886

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

did you check the tutorial on ground loops? i bet your answer in in their.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

im gonna look for that and give it a quick read.. good idea. i diddnt even see that tut. i guess

But if anyone has any ideas still give me your input

Can someone link me that tutorial?.. i cant find it

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

im gonna look for that and give it a quick read.. good idea. i diddnt even see that tut. i guess

But if anyone has any ideas still give me your input

Can someone link me that tutorial?..

Save your money, try what I said first and if it doesnt work you can still get the ground loop.

* Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-MP732

* iPod Interface: KCA-iP500

* Front Stage: Rockford Fosgate Power T1652-S

* Front Stage Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-2

* Rear Stage: Alpine SPR-13C Type-R 5-1/4"

* Amp: Rockford T10001bd

* Subs: (2) 15" Rockford P3s

* Front Battery: Optima RedTop

* Back Battery: Kinetic Hc2400

* Wiring: Rockford 1/0

* Big 3: Rockford 1/0

* Enclosure: Idyllic

hmm i cant find it either... i thought there was one on these forums. well heres another link to what you need.ground loop

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Run a small piece of wire from the outside ring of one of your RCAs at the deck and connect it to the outside metal of the deck. Make sure it doesnt touch the inside metal prong on the rca. That should eliminate engine and back ground noise picked up from the deck.

its proven that this only helps on a pioneer unit with a blown pico fuse.

I just tried the Ground loop thing... No Luck.

Is a ground loop isolator the same thing as grounding the RCA's?

I did the thing where you screw one end to the casing of the radio and the other ed wraps around the red and white inputs.

I Did it for the front channels and the back channels...

Edit: Just took the radio completely out... wrapped all the RCA connects nice and organized... put it back in.. still nothing. lol

Another thing to note.. if i sit in the car with the key in the ACC position for a little bit.. and then start the engine.. all my speakers pop.. sometimes its its to the point where my DAT amp will not even play music... i have to shut off the car and wait a little bit before my mids/highs will play.

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's