Sundown Audio

sundown saz-3000d wiering help please

Hi all you sundown US lovers :friends:

I have just bought 2 3000d amps and 2 DC lvl 5 18s and i would like to know how to wier the sundowns up to a DC lvl 5 sub at .70 please, i gather i need to series the DC up but where do the speaker go on the amp as its 2 channel ?

Also would it be better to run my rca cable form my head unit and split it to 4 to the 2 amps or link the master to slave???

Your help will be much appreciated :drinks:

ATB

http://www.sundownaudio.com/SAZ1000D_1500D_3000D.pdf

they are bridged internally, there are only 2 sets of terminals for ease of wiring

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

The SAZ-3000d is a mono amp. There are 2 positives and negatives for ease of wiring, or strapping.

What is the coil configuration?

EDIT: ^^Beat me to it.^^

Edited by rmzsuzuki89

The SAZ-3000d is a mono amp. There are 2 positives and negatives for ease of wiring, or strapping.

What is the coil configuration?

EDIT: ^^Beat me to it.^^

Yes mona amp with + - + - , DC dual coils .7 any help, and thanks for the quick post!

Edited by 14DUB

bro what happened i thought we had all this settled? series each woofer and hook one up to each amp and call it done or you can series each sub ans strap the subs for a final .7 each amp but i wouldnt recomend strapping amps for someone that doesnt have a lot of experience with higher powered amps just because of confusion of you know what to do and why to do it

Roseville, CA

bro what happened i thought we had all this settled? series each woofer and hook one up to each amp and call it done or you can series each sub ans strap the subs for a final .7 each amp but i wouldnt recomend strapping amps for someone that doesnt have a lot of experience with higher powered amps just because of confusion of you know what to do and why to do it

Ye got the series the sub , and then i will have 1 + and 1 - cable, where do i connect or wich of the + - + - terminals i use? i have used more power amps than these mate but just not clued up on the sundowns + - + - set up , and i dont want to blow them up before i instal !!

Either or . . . just make sure (+)wire/cable goes to (+) amp terminal and (-)wire/cable goes to (-) amp terminal . . . . .

AAA.. thanks bro simplesss...

Thanks all for the quick help appreciated :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

If each sub is a dual .7 you can only wire the sub to .35 or 1.4. I wouldnt put the sub at .35 one a single sundown. Youd have to put either connect a single sub to a single amp at 1.4 ohms, or strap that amps together and series the subs together to get 2.8 ohms the the amps, each amp would see 1.4 ohms.