Hobby's 2004 Silverado Ex Cab

Damn I don't know how I missed this build....you do great work man! :8)

Thats the project Im Jonsin to get finished. Im only taking the Maxda to comps because thats the only car I have built thats available. Thats right I steal my kids car so I can go to comps and have fun :rofl:

I think I may start begging for batteries and alternators.

• 1 month later...

Back to work again. Have my Big 3 done and my S3400 mounted under the hood.

img6607x.jpg

I also sent back the RD 3250.1 v2's for the recall and will be getting 2 D5's to replace them. Hopefuly I will see them in a few weeks.

Started the platform for the cab that will hold the rear batteries and serve as a platform to set my sub enclosure on as well as my amp rack. Yea I changed my mind again and will be cutting the bottom of my box off and setting it down on the platform.

A few picts of what I started working on today. The side panels of the platform with a window cut out to display one of the D3400's going back there.

img6749n.jpg

img6750q.jpg

img6753.jpg

The rack that will be attached to the back of that panel.

img6754b.jpg

The latest picts, Just finished fabricating the battery rack and platform sides. Still need finishing and painting. Just need to make the rails to hold it all together and its ready for the truck.

I was putting all the batteries on the drivers side but decided to make the passenger side match. Putting one of the batteries on the passenger side under the 4 channel Polk amp. I will have the other 2 batteries under the D5's on the drivers side.

Need to take a ride and get gallon of paint.

img6754b.jpg

img6833.jpg

Removable back for the single rack. Acts as a battery hold down with both slots grabbing the battery.

img6834m.jpg

img6835r.jpg

img6836u.jpg

img6837m.jpg

Drivers side. These just drop in the tray. The tray is tight and when the rear battery is dropped in it shoves the front battery up tight to the face and locks the battery in the slot. Will probably put some cardboard between the batteries and in the back to keep things from moving around.

img6838u.jpg

img6839.jpg

img6840w.jpg

img6841f.jpg

img6842.jpg

img6843e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished a lot of work over the past week or so. Have the base all finished and ready for the box to be put in the truck. I reworked the original box by cutting the bottom off with a router so it sits on top of the base. Will make things a lot easier later when I switch out the box for a 4-15" setup or a 2-18" setup later this year. I have almost all the wiring done, just waiting on a few ring terminals and fuses. As soon as I get those I can secure the box in place and set the 4 channel amp in place and wire up the comps.

Trimmed the box down.

Before

img4006d.jpg

After

img7078h.jpg

Getting the base put together

img7082u.jpg

img7080f.jpg

A little bit of solid surface material I had laying around that im using as the base for the amps. and the rack shelf.

img7083c.jpg

img7084u.jpg

Test fitting the base and box in the truck.

img7293s.jpg

img7297f.jpg

img7295.jpg

Fuse holders setup and getting the wiring done. This is how its setting now, waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive.

img7557b.jpg

img7558.jpg

Cut the base for the amps in half to make it easier for me to install and service anything that may go wrong later down the road. Here it is all shaped, sanded and drilled out for wiring. A pict of the 4 channel installed on it and waiting to go in the truck.

img7559.jpg

img7561j.jpg

img7562m.jpg

img7563.jpg

Thanks for the good words.

I had a little time today to mess with the wiring and to work on the dash. My daylight sensor dropped thru the hole so I had to take the whole damn dash off to fix it. I also hooked up the voltage gauge while I had it all apart. Tomorrow I will have it all buttoned up and ready to go.

img7680.jpg

img7681a.jpg

img7682.jpg

Archived