Hobby's 2004 Silverado Ex Cab

Starting a new build for my pickup so I guess I will start posting now. Old system was an Alpine deck with 2 sets of 6.5 coaxials powered from the deck. An Alpine MRD-M605 amp running my 10" Type R in a custom box. The rear coaxials were in custom pods I made for the doors.

Its in the process of being removed now. I just ordered my 1/0 gauge for my new power run to replace the original 4 gauge setup. Going a little bigger with a battery in the back this time. Still hoarding cash to get a 4 channel for the new speakers and if I get the old sub and enclosure sold a nice new 1200 watt amp for my 12" TC-9 I have sitting here.

Trying to keep my spending in check so Im doing all this as cheap as possible :rolleyes:

Some picts of the old setup.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Doors deadened already. Maybe I can get in on a hookup from Ant so I can deaden the roof. That thing sounds like a tin can with a little 10" pounding in the back. Put a layer of RamMat on the outer skins and the inner door panels. Also filled some of the gaps with sheetmetal. Added a layer of Ensolite to finish the doors. I put 2 layers of RamMat on the rear wall and floor.

Posted Image

Rear door pod. Still debating about keeping these or adding them into the front stage.

Posted Image

what are the plans for the new box?

and PIX OF THE TC-9 (one of my favorite woofs)

-Drew

Heres some picts for you Drew. One finished and one during the fabrication.

If anyone wants a tline tuned to 27fs with a 10" dia port design hit me up with a pm. This was just a mockup, me playing with a design to see how it would work. It gets loud as fcuk with only 600 watts but is a little boomy for my taste. Was told that I could get rid of it and gain some controll of the woofer with polyfill.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Plans for the new box. Im still thinking about what to do. A member at CA.com gave me some pointers and a few ideas on making the box hit the lows and not sound as hollow and boomy. It was suggested that I tune even lower, 22hz and taper the line from the full port size and possibly 20% bigger down to 80% of the port size at the terminus. Also to try and keep the woofer and the port opening next to one another.

While I was driving around today I started thinking about going bigger with maybe 2 15's and 2500-3000 watts. Im still daydreaming and building in my head so no definite plans. If I stick with the line I will probably step up to 1200 watts on the sub channel.

I have plans for a 4 channel 4 X 125 for the 5 1/4 comp set and the coaxias. I plan on using the Polk DB coaxial's that are in the pods and I have a fudged set of comps. Tweeters and crossovers from a Polk DB comp set and 5 1/4 Polk SR mids to finish the set.

Right now Im in tear down mode and when my 1/0 gets here I will start running that and doing my Big 3. Should have done that from the beginning.

All the components for the front stage are here and waiting to be installed.

Got me a good deal on Craigslist for a Polk PA500.4 amp, 90 watts x 4 @ 4ohm and a set of 6.5 Momo components. The dude was super cool and upgraded the tweeters for a pair of the new MM series tweets. To make it even better he added a second set of tweeters. Took a few pictures of the gear I just got home with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Momo's are going in the doors. I have a bastard component set going in the kicks. Polk DB tweeters or the other 2 MM tweeters a set of 5.25 Polk SR mids with Polk DB crossovers. This set looks tiny compared to the Momo's. Would be nice if I could find a set of SR crossovers cheap somewhere.

A few picts to show the difference.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My 1/0 welding cable also came today so if weather permits the old 4 gauge comes out and the new cable goes in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im slowly getting the truck torn down. I have the back seat out and some of the trim removed but thats it so far. Been to bust trying to buy shit :D

Started on my kicks. I finished up the rings for the 5.25's. I have them rounded over and have the face recessed to seat the grills back a little. I need to get me a 3" hole saw tomorrow to make the rings for the tweeter cups. I just mount those solid and drill them out when the kicks are complete.

Routing out the rings

Posted Image

Posted Image

Checking out the fit. Just like a glove.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Did a little sanding and rounded over the edges. Checked to make sure the driver fit well. These rings turned out nice, best ones Ive made yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just an idea of where they will be mounted when I get all the pieces ready to be glued up.

Posted Image

I like the rear door pods. What did you use to seal the doors?

* Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-MP732

* iPod Interface: KCA-iP500

* Front Stage: Rockford Fosgate Power T1652-S

* Front Stage Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-2

* Rear Stage: Alpine SPR-13C Type-R 5-1/4"

* Amp: Rockford T10001bd

* Subs: (2) 15" Rockford P3s

* Front Battery: Optima RedTop

* Back Battery: Kinetic Hc2400

* Wiring: Rockford 1/0

* Big 3: Rockford 1/0

* Enclosure: Idyllic