dirtboi22 Posted August 17, 2009 Report Posted August 17, 2009 I just recently got 2 mtx thunder 5000 15's for free from my neighbor, does anyone know the specs for this sub??
_AnGeL_ Posted August 17, 2009 Report Posted August 17, 2009 600 watts peak 300 rms each. i had two in my civic in a sealed box off of a mmats d700.2 and it got pretty loud. **edit quick googled showed me that i had the 5500 series. but im guessing the 5000 series is just an older version. Head Unit: Pioneer Premier Deh-600ub Front Stage: (2) Whip Audio 8" Mid-Bass (2) Whip Auido 6" Mid & (2) Audiopipe ATX-3720 Amps: (2) Cadence TXA300-4 Amp Kit: Knukonceptz Coming Soon: already ordered Sub: 2 DD T1508's Amp: Sundown saz-1500 Tired of the lag? Come get crunk!
dirtboi22 Posted August 17, 2009 Author Report Posted August 17, 2009 alright thx man.... thats cool, im building a box for them to day so we'll see how it sounds! lol i love gettin free stuff! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif
Colin - STAPUFT Posted August 17, 2009 Report Posted August 17, 2009 I have 2 of the 12" 8 ohm versions. I have a soft spot in my heart for those old subs- so many memories. I do know that they aren't supposed to like vented boxes. And sealed, you would be much better off going on the larger side and stuff the box with polyfil. 4 ohm: http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/archive/thunderSub5154.cfm 8 ohm: http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/archive/thunderSub5158.cfm 12 ohm: http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/archive/thunderSub51512.cfm Congrats on the freebies!!! 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.