ok so i got a speeding ticket the other day, 25 over the limit lol... anyway i already paid the ticket, now my question is...

im currently not listed on my dads insurance policy as a driver, the car is under his name and the insurance. we spoke to the insurance company when he bought the car and they said that it would be fine for me to drive it without being on the policy as long as he gave me permission.

so since im not on the policy would the premiums go up?

my guess is no but idk.......

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier Deh-600ub

Front Stage: (2) Whip Audio 8" Mid-Bass (2) Whip Auido 6" Mid & (2) Audiopipe ATX-3720

Amps: (2) Cadence TXA300-4 :D

Amp Kit: Knukonceptz

Coming Soon: already ordered

Sub: 2 DD T1508's

Amp: Sundown saz-1500

Tired of the lag? Come get crunk!

ohh yes it will

any ticket you get with points, insurance usually goes up around $100, but i'm not sure

+ your motor vehicle will send you a fine

same thing happened to my mom , and she paid around $300 in fines

even tho im not on the policy? im not even on there as a second driver.

i know i will get points off my license but i dont know if the insurance will go up as it doesnt even have me listed anywhere on it.

my guess was that it would go up whenever i get added on to it.

Front Stage: (2) Whip Audio 8" Mid-Bass (2) Whip Auido 6" Mid & (2) Audiopipe ATX-3720

No it wont affect your dads insurance. Because you were the driver and not him. They don't track tickets by car but by license

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.

No it wont affect your dads insurance. Because you were the driver and not him. They don't track tickets by car but by license

this is what i thought. thanks.

now whenever i get my own insurance it gunna be dumb expensive :(

this is what i thought. thanks.

now whenever i get my own insurance it gunna be dumb expensive :(

no, it wont be that expensive. i just lost my insurance because of a bogus speeding ticket i recieved.

my liability insurance was 70 bucks a month when i began driving, then i got into an accident and my insurance went to 90 a month. two years later i got into another accident so my insurance went from 90 to 290 a MONTH for liability. and then last week a cop pulled me over and tells me that im doing 89 in a 55. (it was bullshit, my cruise control was set at 65, but whatever.. whole nother story)

my insurance, if they decide to keep me, will make me pay probably 350 a month for liability insurance. if they drop me, then im looking at 400 a month to get a new policy else where

..but at any rate, ONE ticket on a completly clean record should not hurt you too much. Was there a class you could take to get out of paying the ticket and such? thats ALWAYS the best thing you can do

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

naw your parents will stay the same, but whenever you do get your own its gonna suck, im paying 180 now, but since I have a newer vehicle (09) I get a discount cuz of safety shit so once I switch it will be a little over 100, not to bad but still lol

**Edit: this is for full coverage btw

Edited by SocoJoe

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

no, it wont be that expensive. i just lost my insurance because of a bogus speeding ticket i recieved.

my liability insurance was 70 bucks a month when i began driving, then i got into an accident and my insurance went to 90 a month. two years later i got into another accident so my insurance went from 90 to 290 a MONTH for liability. and then last week a cop pulled me over and tells me that im doing 89 in a 55. (it was bullshit, my cruise control was set at 65, but whatever.. whole nother story)

my insurance, if they decide to keep me, will make me pay probably 350 a month for liability insurance. if they drop me, then im looking at 400 a month to get a new policy else where

..but at any rate, ONE ticket on a completly clean record should not hurt you too much. Was there a class you could take to get out of paying the ticket and such? thats ALWAYS the best thing you can do

i was only given the option to pay or go to court and fight the ticket....

plus i already paid it lol

i pay the insurance on the car since im the one who drives it.... its under my dads name and its like 80 bux for full coverage. lol

if you're at 80 a month now, you can expect it to go up maybe 20 bucks a month. it depends on how much the ticket was, how fast over the limit you were, and how your record looked before the ticket.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel