Saab 9-5 Aftermarket Stereo

Hey guys,

I bought a 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero about a month ago and while I don't mind the factory radio (I have the Prestige Audio package with 6 disk changer, 200 watts, 9 speakers, etc.) I would love a double din screen in there. Do you guys know if this will work? I can't seem to find anything...Any advice on what to look at would be great. Thanks.

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

I'll check into it later today.. I am sure there is one around here somewhere

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

OK, you can remove that radio if you want but your info in SID will cease for the audio portion of it... no big loss. as for the retaining SID for everything else, on the radio harness, pins 17&18 grn and wht, loop them together as they are your IBUS info from the SID. The steering wheel controls are interfaced with your horn, which is a straight ground, the buttons are resistor base and you could re-use them with a PAC SWI-X controller or a SWI-X Jack, I would probably grab the IBUS wire at the SID, looks like it was blue at pin 22

I don't know if there is a kit, but if you want to get crazy with it, remove the SID and the AC panel and repaint all together with the new kit

and there you have it

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields