Second Skin Audio

New Car

siucsaluki11

Well my blazer is gone, i stripped the stereo out in the dealership's lot when i picked up my 2010 Lancer DE. I plan on putting all my shit into the new car. Thing is, no holes in the rear deck, and the rear seat doesnt fold. So im going to look and see whats needed to swap a seat from one of the higher trim lines into the car since they should be interchangeable for the most part from 08+ i would think. The rear seats in the higher trim lines fold. But even then, how do i wanna face the subs and port in a trunk? My last setup in my blazer did a bit over 141 on music at around 37 Hz. Im thinkin subs and port forward then once i find a way to swap in a rear seat that folds ill seal it off from the trunk. But ive never had a stereo in a trunk car, so whats worked for you guys? For the time being its gunna be the same 12s and amp outta the blazer, down the road ill upgrade to better subs and more power.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

If you're going to fire sub and port forward, make sure you seal them from the trunk or else you will lose serious output.

Rear firing is a classic choice that works very well in most applications, but it also causes the most trunk rattle.

Ultimatly, I'd go with forward firing sealed off because if done right will give you the most output and minimal trunk rattle.

Hope this helps.

Current

'09 mazda3 4dr

clarion hu

2x 10 fi X subs(looking to upgrade)

amp(looking)

Alpine type-r comps in front

type-r coaxials in rear

any tips as to sealing it off from the trunk? I dont have the biggest area to work with neccessarily so i may have to something more than just a generic box if i go forward sealed from the trunk. But i have no idea on how to seal it from the rest of the trunk.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Archived