Second Skin Audio

Help With My Box! Please Anyone

the ratio of height to width shouldnt be over a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio. i forget which it is.

i dont know if that is correct because look at JL's recommended box for the Ported Enclosure.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs_en...hp?series_id=25

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

ok well dont be surprised if you hear a weird noise coming from the trunk area.

well.. can you help me with ports then chevy? i need this thing to be completed by tomorrow and any help would be greatly appreciated. have you ever heard of any good things from the RE Calculator? I really would like to do the ports like j black came out with 1 on each side of the box and subs in the middle. that would be cool

hey j black... did you use winisd to figure out the slot ports for it? i just saw the build you did for your brother's 4 RF T1's. and i think im going to go with what you said b/c you seem to know your stuff. as long as you are sure bout all that then im going to go for it.

thanks alot j black. i want this box to sound awesome....and that would be a definite 36 hertz? just wondering.... how long have you used box calculators and found out how to do that? I have tried for a long time (about a year) and i cant figure how to work those damn things out at all.

Man Ive been building boxes for years now, most of them without any box calculators, just trial and error. Here recently Ive been using WinISD and I love it. Just put the sub specs in and from there plug and play.

WinISD says that the Vent Mach should be below 0.16 and the ports I came up with are at 0.05 so you should be fine.

Oh yeah, Vent Mach is the rating determining the breathe-ability of a port or ports. Cause if you go with too few or too narrow ports, the box will whistle like Bing Crosby at Christmas time! The reason for this is that there is too much air trying to travel down too thin a pipe (like a flute).

Changing the number or and/or the diameter of the ports of the box also changes the mach rating of those ports. You should keep the mach rating below 0.16 in order to avoid whistling.

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps

Man Ive been building boxes for years now, most of them without any box calculators, just trial and error. Here recently Ive been using WinISD and I love it. Just put the sub specs in and from there plug and play.

WinISD says that the Vent Mach should be below 0.16 and the ports I came up with are at 0.05 so you should be fine.

Oh yeah, Vent Mach is the rating determining the breathe-ability of a port or ports. Cause if you go with too few or too narrow ports, the box will whistle like Bing Crosby at Christmas time! The reason for this is that there is too much air trying to travel down too thin a pipe (like a flute).

Changing the number or and/or the diameter of the ports of the box also changes the mach rating of those ports. You should keep the mach rating below 0.16 in order to avoid whistling.

sounds awesome. i figured that your ports would do well because JL's recommended ports for a single 12 w3v3 are 1.375" x 12.5" x 26.125".... your measurements sound good to me.