Second Skin Audio

Help With My Box! Please Anyone

I am going to begin to build a box for my (3) jl audio 12"W3v3-4 subwoofers tomorrow. I am planning on making it 15" tall x 39" wide x 21" deep. This being said, that will give me roughly 5.71 cubic feet internal volume using 3/4" MDF all-around. I would love to tune the box anywhere from 36-38 hz. My box right now is tuned to 40 and it hits nearly every frequency for all songs. I really need some help with how big the port should be If anyone could please give me some help i would really appreciate it. i will be starting it at 8:00 in the a.m. eastern time and will get a bunch of pictures if someone helps me out. thanks in advance fellas.

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

man... ive been there multiple times.. believe me. that page has been up on my computer at least 20 times. and that long ass formula is just confusing as hell. ive tried it like 3 times the same way and came up with 3 different numbers. i need some REAL help. like someone who knows how to use winisd and just help me out.

6x4.84777" circular port at the specs u listed above with 5.71289 airspace b4 displacement 38 hz

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

6x4.84777" circular port at the specs u listed above with 5.71289 airspace b4 displacement

ok.. i will not be using an aero port. I will be making a slot port. port on far left side of enclosure facing back. I just need to know how wide and deep it needs to be b/c i know the height will need to be 13.5"

2- 1.5 X 13.5 and each 9" in length @ 36hz, port on each side subs in the middle.

thanks alot j black. i want this box to sound awesome....and that would be a definite 36 hertz? just wondering.... how long have you used box calculators and found out how to do that? I have tried for a long time (about a year) and i cant figure how to work those damn things out at all.

Mtxcivic07 have you used subwoofertools.com...I don't know if that will help or what you guys think about it but that is what I am using to build my box...

Here you go you can change the demensions at the bottom of the page....Don't know if you wanna use or not but...Here ya go anyway...

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported...mp;Fs=&CE=0

Edited by zaxfire69